Glory awaits I feel

Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkahn View Post
    Glory awaits I feel

Bravo
    Thank you Dave.

Amazing!
    Really!

Some people reallly work wonders with paper ....amazing is the correct word...

Gerardo has a black belt in origami you know!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Gerardo has a black belt in origami you know!
    Rob.
    6th degree blackbelt it would seem!!! Awesome stuff!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

LOL

Default One fin down 2 to go!

Here is the model with one fin on.

Default Scratch the last build!

I seriously did not like my last build. I did not even finished it, I will work on a new model based on this new 3D design. I hope to work on it soon.

Have a good one guys!

Man, I wish I had your skills... I might have a Zeppelin rendered and ready to print a prototype by now instead of floundering with various "false starts" if I did.

Nice job so far, even with the re-render!
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Diamondback send me a set of prints or a drawing and Ill see what I can do for you.
    Just let me know in what scale do you want it on.

Amigo, I'll shoot you some links once you finish your A-P and P-S projects--believe me, even a small Zep will be worse than trying to do both of those at once! Col. Hajj is planning one as a "someday later", but I'm hoping that maybe if I can get to building a paper prototype, then maybe Stoff's build and mine could be used as "test runs" to see what lessons can be learned about design, construction, transport, use and maintenance requirements and thus help him have a better end-product when the time comes.

Nasty part is that Zeppelin didn't seem to believe in evenly-sized panels or consistent angles to join them all the way around...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

No problem and if can be of any assistance with the 3D model let me know.

Keep plugging away at it! I think you are a Deity of paper-folding!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by nodegamra View Post
    I seriously did not like my last build. I did not even finished it, I will work on a new model based on this new 3D design. I hope to work on it soon...Have a good one guys!
    You're starting over!? Looks like you were well on the way to a nice model...

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    You're starting over!? Looks like you were well on the way to a nice model...
    Yes I am, I stopped working on the last one. Reason, some how the body felt more like and cylindrical shape than the egg shape that the AP has. The fins did not contour to the body as well as they should. I have begun work on the new design and it looks much better. I have completed the body and I am working on the last two fins.

Can we have some pictures when it is finished ? Pretty please?

Sure thing

Talking Complete Model

Finally, after a false start and complete overhaul of the design.
    I got to finish the model, next stop -- Paint Job!

Here is a few pics

For updates head over here: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...72-Prime-Time&
    Last edited by nodegamra; 02-28-2011 at 08:15. Reason: Link

That is an awesome job, well done! It was certainly worth your efforts.

Thank you Kevin.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Very nice indeed - frankly it looks a bit odd, which is a sure sign that it's an AP alright....

Precision work! Looks fantastic! Have you attempted to paint the other ballon yet?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Very nice indeed - frankly it looks a bit odd, which is a sure sign that it's an AP alright....
    Ha, ha. It is so true, it looks odd. All people that saw me working on it told I should make the body longer as it does not look right. I just had to show them some pics of the real thing.

A very professional piece of workmanship. It is a credit to your patience and manual dexterity.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Wow, that does indeed look rather amazing!

Great job! You're right, it does look a bit "squished" in the front...now paint and a stand and you're ready to shoot it down!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Precision work! Looks fantastic! Have you attempted to paint the other ballon yet?
    Thank you Cowman, I did give the balloon the first coat of primer.
    Pics are over here - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...72-Prime-Time&
    Last edited by nodegamra; 02-28-2011 at 08:14.

Thank you Flying Officer Kyte, David Manley and MajorJim for all of your comments.
    If you guys would like to see the progress of the balloon I will post over here as I get more work done.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...72-Prime-Time&

Awesome work. Congratulations...

Beautiful rendering of an ugly subject.

OneGhan

Default newbe

I hope to be half that good. Thanks for sharing and inspiring others.

captain richard

I'm on a lot of scratch built forums, with a lot of very talented people...I got to say these are some of the most precise designs I've ever seen...excellent work

Similar Missions

1. Under Construction at the Columbia Aerodrome
    By jbmacek in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 304
    Last Post: 02-26-2015, 09:45
  2. Wooden construction
    By pivole in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 10:13