Ares Games

Thread: My Customizing Snoopy the Flying Ace thread

Default My Customizing Snoopy the Flying Ace thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snoopy-Flying-Ace.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	337832

Inspired by several other people here on the board, I have finally started customizing Snoopy the Flying Ace Hot Wheels brand to turn this one into a Wings of Glory fighter! I ended up buying at least 4 different brands and sizes of miniature Snoopy Flying Aces. The Hot Wheels brand Flying Ace Snoopy was chosen by my kids as the first one I'm suppose to work on. The size really is perfect for Wings of Glory as you can see in the photos. The base and dog house are made of metal. The actual Snoopy Flying Ace on top is plastic. Which was a bit of a surprise! I think it'll need a tiny bit of touch up paint before I mount it to the stand.

I wanted to add tiny WW1 looking machine guns on each side of the Dog House, but I haven't ordered any yet. Not sure if I am gonna take them from a model kit or not. I'll have to look at cheap options there.

Here are the first photos. I'll post more up as I make progress. I may end up making six or 8 of these Hot Wheels ones at a time. I've already ordered half a dozen of the Hot Wheels from ebay...

-Chuck

Name:	IMG_3912.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	337827

Name:	IMG_3911.jpg 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	337828

Name:	IMG_3908.jpg 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	337829

Name:	IMG_3909.jpg 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	337830

Name:	IMG_3910.jpg 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	337831
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

It will be interesting following your development of this model Chuck. I have been looking for a Woodstock model for ages so that I can give my Snoopy an observer.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks Rob! Yes, my son pointed out that we need a Woodstock. I'm wondering if I can get a half dozen of them 3D printed by someone? If I can get them 3D printed I can try and see what they look like. We did find a few tiny Woodstock toys on other Snoopy toys but the prices were rather high! So my son and I think 3D printing might be the way to go! We think.......

I could take Woodstock off this ornament, but wow this will start to get expensive if I do 6 of these. LOL

Name:	Snoopy and Woodstock.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	337833
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

When did this HW car come out? A friend of my late aunt's is a diehard Snoopy fan - yup, the one I'm gonna take a stab at building the Atlantis reissue of the old Snoopy vs Red Baron planes for.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

It looks like they started this Snoopy Flying Ace Hot Wheels in 2014. Looks like they make them now as well. Here is the link with a little bit of info and photographs. I ordered about a half dozen from ebay.

https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Snoopy
    Last edited by ArkansasChuck; 04-15-2024 at 11:44. Reason: Edited for clarity

Chuck.

If you manage to get any printed small enough to sit on the end of the dog kennel I have he would only be about 10 mm high. If that were possible I would be in for a couple myself. never mind the postage to the UK. It would still be cheaper.
    Rob.

Chuck- Wayne aka " Biggles downunder" posted a thread under this sub forum on 12/20/2021 titled "Snoopy's new home" which shows how to dismantle the doghouse from the hot rod chassis. Also there's a "How to" post under the Home page which shows how to remove Woodstock from the Christmas ornament in your subsequent posting. Have fun!

Rob, remind me in a couple weeks and I'll mail you one.

-Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Chuck.

If you manage to get any printed small enough to sit on the end of the dog kennel I have he would only be about 10 mm high. If that were possible I would be in for a couple myself. never mind the postage to the UK. It would still be cheaper.
    Rob.

I think I remember seeing this! I searched through the Snoopy threads a few years ago and tried to adapt the McDonalds toy version, and they were WAY too big and top heavy so I threw them out.

These smaller ones like the Hot Wheels are perfect! Thanks for the link. Ill read it with my son and steal ideas! Sorry, BORROW ideas.....

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Chuck- Wayne aka " Biggles downunder" posted a thread under this sub forum on 12/20/2021 titled "Snoopy's new home" which shows how to dismantle the doghouse from the hot rod chassis. Also there's a "How to" post under the Home page which shows how to remove Woodstock from the Christmas ornament in your subsequent posting. Have fun!

Just a bunch of silly creativity.
    That's the best kind of creativity.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 04-18-2024 at 04:46.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasChuck View Post
    Rob, remind me in a couple weeks and I'll mail you one.

-Chuck
    Very kind of you Chuck. I will send you a reminder.
    Thanks. Rob.

Similar Missions

1. WW1 Flying Ace Snoopy
    By crashx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-14-2023, 01:47
  2. Snoopy Flying Shirt
    By RJG173 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2019, 09:33
  3. Flying Snoopy
    By Teaticket in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7