Ares Games

Thread: Checklist Docs - Feedback and Corrections Request

Default Checklist Docs - Feedback and Corrections Request

For many years, I've had links to Excel spreadsheet checklists for WGF and WGS in my signature, and it's time to make some standing requests official. Goal is a complete index of every plane released as card or mini in the game; I haven't deep-dived the various accessory packs' contents yet.

1. I welcome any suggestions on what I can do to improve readability and usability. These were originally compiled with a Jumbotron for a screen, so may need adjustment.
    2. If there's anything I've missed, please post here. ESPECIALLY serial numbers and ID codes from the WGS Squadron Packs.

Please, help me make these the kinds of resources you'd want to see as downloads at Ares. Thank you!
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

The WoW cards tab in your ww1 list is empty. I'm pretty sure there are lists of cards lying around the downloads area somewhere.

Thanks for te reminder, Dom; that was a very late addition I didn't have a chance to fully implement.

Are the Ares Drachen decoes identical to Nexus or close enough to call "reissue" or are they truly new decoes?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

DB, the new and old Drachen decals are different. New set covers Germans, Britain, France, Russia and US. Old sets were smaller. One balloon had Germans and French, the other Britaion, US and Russua. I don't know for sure which of the original sets went with which balloon. My guess would be the yellow balloon had the German set?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6451.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	337936

Peter, I was thinking more the paintwork - I never applied the decals on my originals, and now my plan is to scan them so I can print plentiful spares to remove and re-mark as needed. I'll plug that info in when I can get down to the totebox with my Nexus Wings collection.

Ah. Like the originals, one is brown and one is yellow. The new ones are in my opinion nicer, especially the yellow one

Name:	IMG_6453.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	337937

Name:	IMG_6452.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	337938

Looks like major revise, not reissue. I'd call the new one "tan" not "yellow," though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Looks like major revise, not reissue. I'd call the new one "tan" not "yellow," though.
    Technically it's not a reissue as Ares have never made the balloons before, so a revised new issue would fit the bill, DB.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Don't be a pedant, Dave. :P "Reissue" as I use it means "previously released by either Ares or Nexus."

Good heavens no DB! I would not want Dave hanging around my neck.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good heavens no DB! I would not want Dave hanging around my neck.
    Rob.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. WGS miniatures checklist
    By Never Miss in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 10:13
  2. WGS Minis Checklist - feedback request
    By Diamondback in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 23:53
  3. The Co-Pilot Checklist
    By Pakratt in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 01:56
  4. Comprehensive Plane (minis) checklist?
    By Von Hinnebusch in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 19:10