Ares Games

Thread: Ace of Aces is back

Default Ace of Aces is back

Back in the early 80s, Nova Games published this series of picture book games of one-on-one combat: there were actually a couple of different ones, one a fantasy setting, the other being several sets of the Aerrodrome's favorite theme, WW I aerial combat. There were several pairs, the Powerhouse, the Handy Rotary, the Balloon Buster, and the Flying Machines. Still have my Balloon Buster, and Powerhouse series books, lost my Rotary somehere in the intervening years, and can't recall if I ever actually had the Flying Machines series. Well, now there's a kickstarter to re-publish the books:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...deluxe-edition

Oh, you know I backed it.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 02-25-2024 at 10:33.

It's on my "to back" list which currently has "S.55" at the top! Budget permitting I'll support the reissue to experience it - I'm way too young to have played the original one

I commented on the earlier post by Strangelybrown a week or two back that I was watching this one and would likely back it because I think the colour pictures will draw in my grandsons better than my original Handy Rotary version.

Decision made.

Well, the Flying Machines & Rotary series books are both in the stretch goals, which have already been met., so yeah, they're going to be printed, as well. I'll be shelling out more money in the future, for sure.

Ah the memories! I only had the first release but played it a lot with friends. Loved it. I'll pass this time around though.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2015, 05:50
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2015, 06:52
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 12:00
  4. Aces of Aces Limited Edition Reprint Kickstarter
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 04:34
  5. Replies: 6