Ares Games

Thread: Exeter Legionary

Default Exeter Legionary

Exeter Legionary - one day wargames event together with traders. Held at the Matford Centre, Exeter on 11th May 2024. More details will be given when I know we have enough support to take part.

We have been asked if we would support this event again by putting on a participation Wings of Glory game. In the past this has been a WW1 event but anybody willing to put on a WWII or a Sails of Glory event, would be more than welcome Having managed to represent us for a few years now, covid permitting, I shall do my best to get together a team of at least four. Volunteers please.

I have only just received the request but would like to reply soon, so please get back quickly if you are interested.

Zoe Brain has just posted information about another event, which will take place at the Middle Wallop Army Museum on 25th Of the month, so two events in one month may be asking a lot. There are two weeks between them though

Cheers

Mike
    Last edited by mikeemagnus; 02-12-2024 at 07:43.

Mike,

I'd normally be very happy to help out but might not be able to make both events in May. Put me down for a definite maybe. If I do manage to make it I'll also bring along my son-in-law who lives down Exeter way (or will be shortly).

Thanks Gary - shall enter you as a definite maybe

OK So I've been away for a couple of weeks and may have to go away again shortly. In the meantime I've not had much of a response to this one so have not yet confirmed, one way or the other, with the organisers. If you can commit, please let me know in the next few days. If I'm still around then I'll ask for a table. Otherwise I shall have to cancel this year.
    Sorry if this is garbled but things are a little hectic here right now.
    Laters
    Mike

Sorry - I'm already doing WMMS, and Middle Wallop - I'm afraid 3 events in 3 weeks is too much for me.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 03-14-2024 at 10:42.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

This one had totally slipped by me, Mike, as it is I might be able to do this one as SWMBO is off on a jolly that weekend and I should have the car still, unless something goes pear shaped.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Sorry - I'm already doing WMMS, and Middle Wallop - I'm afraid 3 events in 3 weeks is too much for me.
    Quite understand, Tim. No problem Thanks for the heads up.

This one had totally slipped by me, Mike, as it is I might be able to do this one as SWMBO is off on a jolly that weekend and I should have the car still, unless something goes pear shaped.
    Thanks Dave. That makes two, possibly three of us, plus Jon Hall if he can make it. A lot of "ifs" at the present but will keep you posted.

Gary, you hinted that you might be able to make it. Well I need to know for definite, one way or the other a.s.a.p please. If you can't make it that's ok but please let me know. If you can, then we have four members, including Jon Hall and I'm still not certain he can make it. Assuming he can, what do you think? Is four enough?
    Last edited by mikeemagnus; 03-14-2024 at 13:39.

Mike,

I won't be able to make it. Sorry for the late notice.

OK Gary - Not a problem. Thanks for letting me know

Dave, I'm afraid we have insufficient numbers to run with this one! So I shall knock it on the head for this year.

OK Mike, that's a shame, we usually score well at the Bring & Buy !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    OK Mike, that's a shame, we usually score well at the Bring & Buy !
    Don't remind me

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Don't remind me
    Oh yeah ! But that wasn't us..

Similar Missions

1. South England LEGIONARY 2023 - Exeter
    By mikeemagnus in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-14-2023, 08:07
  2. South England Exeter Legionary 2020
    By mikeemagnus in forum UK Wing