Ares Games

Thread: A nostalgic game

Default A nostalgic game

Last night we played a simple dogfight between two Albatros D.III and two SPAD VII. These were the first two aircraft to which I was introduced when I began playing WoW/WoG in 2016. The whole team was available, so we flew one aircraft each. We were enjoying being together again such that we just got into the game without taking any pictures.

An Albatros was the first plane to bite the dust, so Mark got to watch from there on. Then the B firing SPAD drew an explosion card and that was the end of Baxter. (The explosion cards were full effect, but they had been put in the bottom half of the A & B decks. In the C deck they could be anywhere, even the first card!) He went off to read a book. Mark was worried the last two aircraft were going to waltz around each other all night, and so kept urging us to get on with it - shoot at each other. Eventually, the SPAD and the Albatros were facing each other, and the damage taken was enough to down the SPAD flown by bigglesdownunder. The remaining Albatros had only 5 points of damage thanks to plenty of zeroes.

Oh the sweet nostalgia! Had me reminiscing about my first games with my high school friends using the Revised Deluxe Set and,me being the owner of the newly acquired "toy" having a unquestionable right to use the Fokker Dr.I...
    Needless to say I didn't live up to MvR's par, being mercilessly shot down or coming out of the table in most of the first games
    Nice AAR, Rep gun jammed

Well written, we can imagine the pictures of the game.

Its all about enjoying a good game with friends. Well done pilots.

There is something refreshing in the simplicity of one-on-one play. Your game reminds me of the duel between Guynemer and Udet. Guynemer flew the S.7 while Udet flew the Alb. D-III.

Thanks to those who generously gave Rep for this simple post.

Similar Missions

1. A nostalgic trip back in time - Vicker Vimy
    By Biggles downunder in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-28-2020, 03:10
  2. Nostalgic Greetings from the south coast
    By OldernGreyer in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 16:05
  3. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 08:49
  5. Amazing 'In-Game' images from a Computer Flight Sim Game
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 08:39