Ares Games

Thread: New Member Introduction

Default New Member Introduction

Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio.

I am new to this community and game system. I am just getting started and I am looking forward to playing this game system.

Gary

Hi Gary! Welcome to the Aerodrome.

If you are free this Saturday the 10th, The Wright Flight game club is meeting at Dragons Guildhall and Games in Beavercreek to play some Wings of Glory WWI. I know that may be a drive, buy you are welcome to come. We will gladly teach you the game and answer any questions you may have. We also play at Capstone Games (Cincinnati) and Victory Pints (Maineville).

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

Welcome Gary from Maryland. You're in good hands. The Ohio pilots are a very active group. Enjoy

Good to see another new pilot joining us from over the pond in the grand old USA Gary.
    Please feel free to ask any questions you need to, and don't forget you can avail yourself of the search engine at the top of the screen. There is also the files section on the top bar too.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

And a warm welcome from an overcast but not too chilly south west of England. Enjoy the game, Gary, and as Rob suggests, have a good rummage around this web site. There's a great deal of useful information available and any number of members willing to help out if you need that

Welcome to the 'drome, Gary, from a not so sunny Dorset in England. If you do get a chance to meet the chaps of the Wright Flight some time, take it, a keen bunch of lads who'll be able to give you loads of advice about the game and the models.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the East Coast.

In addition to wha tthe others have said-a question: which version of the game system interests you the most? WW I, WW II, Tripods & Triplanes?

Welcome Gary! I live in Hyde Park and game with camelbeagle and the gang. As he mentioned we occasionally meet at Capstone in Lincoln Heights and Victory Pints in Maineville. If you are on Facebook, click on the link in my signature below to join our Wings presence there. That is where most of the events are mentioned. We focus nearly exclusively on The Great War for our Wings gaming.

Welcome to the Aeroderome Gary. You are lucky to be near a very active group of great pilots. I hope you'll also consider Origins in June. We will be hosting 23 Wings of Glory flying events and 3 (Tim, turn away) Sails of Glory games.

Hi Gary, welcome from England
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Welcome to the Aeroderome Gary. You are lucky to be near a very active group of great pilots. I hope you'll also consider Origins in June. We will be hosting 23 Wings of Glory flying events and 3 (Tim, turn away) Sails of Glory games.
    Took the words right outta me mouf

Great bunch of guys in your area. I attended Origins last year and had a blast.

Welcome from just down the road in Louisville, Gary

Thank you for your invite, I will definitely join.

I also noticed that I have a notification for a wingman. What is that?

Thank you for the information regarding Feb 10. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.

Also thank you for the information about Capstones Games.

Concentrating on WW1 but will expand into the WW2 (as soon as finances allow).

Thank you for your reply to my introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by CVG-MAN View Post
    Thank you for your invite, I will definitely join.

I also noticed that I have a notification for a wingman. What is that?
    I would say its like friending on facebook. You'll have links on your homepage to all your wingmen for quick contact.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I hope you'll also consider Origins in June. We will be hosting 23 Wings of Glory flying events and 3 (Tim, turn away) Sails of Glory games.
    Yep, that'll be 23 cracking good games to get stuck into!
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 02-09-2024 at 11:46.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Greetings, Gary, from up in the North East (Akron, Ohio).
    You are fortunate to be in a hotbed of WoG pilots. I make it down to Dayton maybe once a year (though that might change with retirement, maybe this year).
    Origins will be a fun time.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Welcome to the 'drome, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by CVG-MAN View Post
    Thank you for the information regarding Feb 10. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.

Also thank you for the information about Capstones Games.
    We will also be having a game on Feb. 25th at Capstone Games.

Obligatory Cincy welcoming post, nice to be here, been a collector of minis for years, excited to be a part of the community.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Brandon. You are located near a lot of pilots so finding gaming opportunities shouldn't be too difficult. A big one is Origins coming up in June in Colombus.

Welcome from just down the road in Louisville, Brandon
    Which of the games has you in its clutches?

Welcome fellow Ohio player. Join us at Capstone Games this Sunday if you are available.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Brandon, from across the Pond in the UK.

I can thoroughly recommend 'Origins' - I went last year and had a Blast!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

welcome to the drome Gary!!! be prepared for a wonderful journey!

welcome to the drome Brandon!!!! nice to see another buckeye joining the firing line!

Similar Missions

1. new member introduction
    By Cuchulann in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-21-2019, 08:10
  2. Introduction
    By Jimbo75 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-28-2018, 14:37
  3. New Member Introduction
    By SPITFIRE ACE in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 39