Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Prague 2024

Exclamation

Well, things are getting interested...

Right now I am writing to you from the hospital where I had an unplanned surgery (nothing serious, tonsil extraction) and the plan for the next month (i.e. until the start of our event) is: 1 week in the hospital + 3 weeks of home treatment on bed rest. So you can easily calculate that all it takes is a little and my chances of attending (and meeting you all) diminish rapidly.

On the other hand, my work schedule will be eliminated (I can't even make many phone calls because I'm not good at talking) and I might have room to tighten up the con organization.
    Therefore, I would now like to ask you a few things:

• If you are deciding on your participation, please make your decisions and let me know.
    • The same goes for the European Masters - we should come to a decision whether we will have one or two tables.
    • If you have an interesting mission in mind (maybe even already played!) that you would be willing to lead, let me know.
    • Be patient, I may not respond as briskly as I would like this week.

The good thing is, ice cream wilk benmy best friend in next weeks...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	810b8f5f7d266c111ad0ebb4978c7d5f.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	336972

I hope that your recovery will be straightforward Dan and that you are well invested in shares in an Ice cream company.
    Do you need an ice cream air drop from the Bulldogs?

Name:	th-3753368070.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	336985

Name:	Lancaster_bomber_aircraft_dropping_bombs_1944-2753295734.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	336986

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES LAUGH AT THIS POST!

kYTE.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorry to hear this, Dan!

I still plan on GMing my "cards-only Wings of War Famous Aces 20th Anniversary game"

I hope you do get to visit the Con at some point over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post

kYTE.
    On the assumption that this message only applies to Dan, I am currently
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Speedy recovery, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    I could offer to host the "Circus Circus" mission from 2016

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post385925

...and an AH/Italian WWI dogfight if needed.

Friday & Saturday
    No masters for me.

I'm absent at Sunday for gaming and will return Sunday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post

kYTE.
    "Double cookie" - ice cream - good idea...
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Dan ... damn! Hope nothing more interesting than some icecream and a lot of rest.

See you in Prague!

Andrea

All the best for you Dan! We all hope for your quick recovery!
    For the ice-creams - we'd gladly bring you some from Poland, not sure however, if they survive transfer :-)

As for organizational topics:
    1. Three persons are coming from Warsaw (Michał, Darek and myself). This year Darek is playing with us as well.
    2. Please count us all in for European Masters (we'll bring planes)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    For the ice-creams - we'd gladly bring you some from Poland, not sure however, if they survive transfer :-)
    They'll stand a better chance than any I might try to fly in from the UK!

Please count me for the European Master, i'm Michael from Lucca (Italy).
    Last edited by Mananni; 03-30-2024 at 04:43.

Please count me for the European Master, i'm Riccardo from Lucca (Italy).

Welcome to both Riccardo and Mananni from over here in Dear old Blighty.
    Don't forget to register on your home forum.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...1-Italian-Wing

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

If I may ask: is it possible to borrow some planes for the fights? I would come with my girlfriend (she partecipates also), but I fear I don't have enough planes. Are there any kind souls?
    Last edited by Rickard; 03-31-2024 at 12:07.

Please count me for the European Master, I'm Gloria from Lucca

Speedy recovery, my friend.
    I could offer to host the "Circus Circus" mission from 2016

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post385925

...and an AH/Italian WWI dogfight if needed.
    No masters for me.

I'm absent at Sunday for gaming and will return Sunday evening.
    Yes, please, bring both missions. I would help much
    No Masters, noted.
    Understand Sunday morning absence. Do you want to try Trench Club during Sunday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    All the best for you Dan! We all hope for your quick recovery!

As for organizational topics:
    1. Three persons are coming from Warsaw (Michał, Darek and myself). This year Darek is playing with us as well.
    2. Please count us all in for European Masters (we'll bring planes)
    You all are on both lists, sir
    What about necromancing one of your superb WWII missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mananni View Post
    Please count me for the European Master, i'm Michael from Lucca (Italy).
    Hi, Michael. Andrea told me about you, you are on the list for particiation and Masters too. Hope you will like our event

Quote Originally Posted by Rickard View Post
    If I may ask: is it possible to borrow some planes for the fights? I would come with my girlfriend (she partecipates also), but I fear I don't have enough planes. Are there any kind souls?
    Hi, Riccardo. I must say I am little confused from Italian Wing this year: so many Andreas and two Riccardos! Anyway, you and your girlfriend are on the both lists (participant's and Masters too). Lending appropriate minis is the smallest thing we can do for you, just remind m both of you before Friday preparations

I am sure that the Prague wing can spare a plane or 2 for you to fly. What planes do you have for the Tournement?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I'm in for the Master! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Hi, Riccardo. I must say I am little confused from Italian Wing this year: so many Andreas and two Riccardos! Anyway, you and your girlfriend are on the both lists (participant's and Masters too). Lending appropriate minis is the smallest thing we can do for you, just remind m both of you before Friday preparations
    Daniel, maybe something went wrong. I don't see Gloria "Gloriav" in the partecipants' list.

Show them how it should be done Isabella !
    Have a brilliant time everyone

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Rob page 2 of this thread has a link to the Masters Rules.

What will we play from WGS? The timetable (in the first post) for WGS is still empty.
    Anyone planning to bring an interesting mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Hi Dan,
    please add me to the list of participants, will you
    I'm really looking forward to see you and all the others again and to play some "serious" games

cheers
    Guus
    Any chance of getting my name on the list of participants ???
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by cartas View Post
    What will we play from WGS? The timetable (in the first post) for WGS is still empty.
    Anyone planning to bring an interesting mission?
    No one responded to my call, so everything is unclear. At least one should be promised: Pacific from Thomas. Still open for volunteer Game Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Any chance of getting my name on the list of participants ???
    My bad, you are there now

Thanks Dan
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by Pisella View Post

@dan-san I believe this message went MIA, because I can’t see Isabella name on the Master participant’s list

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriav View Post
    @daniel this one went MIA, as well

Count me in for Euro Masters, too. If not to late.

Kubajs also persuaded me to GM WW2 scenario. I resisted heavily, it took me one message

I still haven't named it, but it will be based on historical event, aerial combat of Rezhanovac on April 6th 1941. And ramming (taran) is part of it. Messers vs Yugoslav Furies.

Well, things are getting interested...

Right now I am writing to you from the hospital where I had an unplanned surgery (nothing serious, tonsil extraction) and the plan for the next month (i.e. until the start of our event) is: 1 week in the hospital + 3 weeks of home treatment on bed rest. So you can easily calculate that all it takes is a little and my chances of attending (and meeting you all) diminish rapidly.

On the other hand, my work schedule will be eliminated (I can't even make many phone calls because I'm not good at talking) and I might have room to tighten up the con organization.
    Therefore, I would now like to ask you a few things:

The good thing is, ice cream will be my best friend in next weeks...

Name:	810b8f5f7d266c111ad0ebb4978c7d5f.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	336972
    Oh boy! I know from experience that I can't talk after a convention. It will be difficult but try to speak much less than normal. Running games, it's impossible and with all the noise from other nearby games you have to speak louder, more stress on you! Bring lots of cool drinks and ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Kubajs also persuaded me to GM WW2 scenario. I resisted heavily, it took me one message

I still haven't named it, but it will be based on historical event, aerial combat of Rezhanovac on April 6th 1941. And ramming (taran) is part of it. Messers vs Yugoslav Furies.
    Hey Nemanja , i like to fly one of the Furies, if possible ...
    cheers,
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by Pisella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FabZan View Post
    @dan-san I believe this message went MIA, because I can’t see Isabella name on the Master participant’s list
    Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    @daniel this one went MIA, as well
    Count me in for Euro Masters, too. If not to late.
    Added. I increased the number of EM to 20. More players would be very hard to organize (not impossible, but complicated)

Cloud it be Operation Retribution, Nemanja?
    I like the idea, added on the list, sir

Riccardo, can I ask you about the first name of your lady? Her title "Riccardo's girlfriend" is worthy, but you know: there are two Riccardos and a man can be easily confused

Some day I want to play a scenario with the Partisan Stuka...

Name:	Partisan.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	337523

Riccardo, can I ask you about the first name of your lady? Her title "Riccardo's girlfriend" is worthy, but you know: there are two Riccardos and a man can be easily confused
    I bet that's her:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Some day I want to play a scenario with the Partisan Stuka...
    There are so many hidden gems in origianl WoW booster decks! I realized it few years ago. Definitely worth to own them

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    I bet that's her:
    , Andrea - is there any Italian player you don't know personaly?

That's actually a guess.

Dan has asked me to resurect this scenario from 2017

BoB*Mission 9:Adlerangriff ("Eagle Attack") coastal airfields. - 24th August 1940

This mission is a low level strafing/ bombing of an RAF airfield. The object of the mission is to disable the airfield by causing 36 points of damage

Points values

Hangers 15HP/*VP 8

Huts 10HP/VP4

Control tower 20 Hp*VP 15

RAF Fighters on the ground. 1/2 designated HP on card.*/VP4

Luftwaffe
    4 Me 109s*
    2 ME110*

Place at level 4 on the long edge of the right hand mat.
    The 110s can be equipped with 2 bombs each if you wish or used simply to strafe .

Strafing must be done at 2 pegs height. Bombing at 3 - 5 pegs bomb damage 1 D chit per bomb.

RAF
    2 static Hurricanes /Spits

4 Spits/Hurricanes airborne. Place on opposite mat edge to enemy and 1 ruler in. level 5

Note
    The Luftwaffe gain no VPs for shooting down RAF aircraft.

RAF Victory
    Prevent the Luftwaffe from scoring 36 VP thus rendering the airfield out of commission .

Climb/ diving rule.

Play a climb card / Immell . Up 1 peg.

Play dive card / Split S . Down 1 peg

Sven may well rember it as he was awarded the toilet brush batton for his heroic bombing run
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 04-11-2024 at 10:26.

Sorry to pee on your parade Paul - there were no attacks on RAF airfields on the 23rd. In fact there was very little activity - a recce Heinkel shot down off the Orkneys, and a Dornier shot down on the way to Coventry.

The 24th on the other hand.... Manston, Gravesend, North Weald, Hornchurch - you can really fill your boots
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thank you, Paul! I fixed the mission name and added a link to the very first post of tbe thread

Hey there, I've got a question about the tournament rules. It says only official Wings of Glory or Wings of War miniatures are allowed, along with their original cards and stuff.

I'm keen on flying a Fokker Dr.I, but I don't have an official miniature. Instead, I've got a Wings of War D-maneuver deck, a 3D-printed RAF miniature from Shapeways, a custom base, and some official pegs. Do you reckon this setup would be okay for the tournament? I could swap out the custom base for an official one from another plane if needed.

And if this setup doesn't fly by the rules, would anyone be cool lending me a miniature for the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Sorry to pee on your parade Paul - there were no attacks on RAF airfields on the 23rd. In fact there was very little activity - a recce Heinkel shot down off the Orkneys, and a Dornier shot down on the way to Coventry.

The 24th on the other hand.... Manston, Gravesend, North Weald, Hornchurch - you can really fill your boots
    I ment the 24th

Quote Originally Posted by inerro View Post
    Hey there, I've got a question about the tournament rules. It says only official Wings of Glory or Wings of War miniatures are allowed, along with their original cards and stuff.

I'm keen on flying a Fokker Dr.I, but I don't have an official miniature. Instead, I've got a Wings of War D-maneuver deck, a 3D-printed RAF miniature from Shapeways, a custom base, and some official pegs. Do you reckon this setup would be okay for the tournament? I could swap out the custom base for an official one from another plane if needed.

And if this setup doesn't fly by the rules, would anyone be cool lending me a miniature for the tournament?
    Personally, I'm not strict about this rule. Feel free to bring Shapeways if the maneuvre decks and bases are the same as original ones. We can even lend you mini(s) in case of need.

@Andrea

We'ell discuss possible scenarios with partisan Stuka

Quote Originally Posted by inerro View Post

Wait to see my Furies

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Sven may well rember it as he was awarded the toilet brush batton for his heroic bombing run
    The brush will be back this year...

@ Dan Please enlist Cappy Tom for the Masters. I'll borrow him the planes to participate.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 04-10-2024 at 14:11.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

YAY!

Have you got a timetable for the games , and a list to sign up to the games Dan?

@ Dan Please enlist Cappy Tom for the Masters. I'll borrow him the planes to participate.
    CappyTom on the list

Have you got a timetable for the games , and a list to sign up to the games Dan?
    There is a link in the Post #1 leading to cloud .xls with Timetable.
    Friday & Sunday iw without signing (two groups: Masters and others) and I have an offline sheet prepared for Saturday — many participants don't visit Aerodrome daily.

great Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    YAY!
    I will be offering a different colour this year to the winning player, Options are White, Black or Pink

I will be offering a different colour this year to the winning player, Options are White, Black or Pink
    How can you ask? Pink is the only choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. National: Wings Of Rome - 2024
    By Magnoan in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2024, 08:56
  2. Gritty Goblin Games Wings of War/Glory, 4 January 2024
    By CrashCraig in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2024, 05:10