Ares Games

Thread: Two games : Handley-Page attack - Balloon attack

Default Two games : Handley-Page attack - Balloon attack

CHASING THE PAGE
    Mission to intercept a Handley-Page O/400 bomber by a Fokker E.V (piloted by Stan95) and a Pfalz D.IIIa (Monse at the controls) (game played in February 2022 at Totem store near Paris, sorry for the poor pictures quality taken with my phone instead of my regular pad).
    The Handley-Page moves in automatic mode along the length of the mat .
    As soon as the aircraft reach the opposite end of the mat, they are returned to the beginning of the mat in their last position.

1. and 2. German fighters arrive from one side of the playing area and fire from a higher altitude, staying out of range of the bomber's rear gunner. Extended crew damage and elimination of the bomber's front gunner.

3. and 4. The bomber's rear gunner fires back at the Fokker, which jams and inflicts engine damage.

5. and 6. Engine and crew damage to the Pfalz. Overlap of the Fokker, which cannot target the Handley.

7. Pfalz jams and is hit by the bomber's gunner.
    8. Fire damage to the Fokker, which has successfully fired a consecutive shot.

9. The Fokker fires again, escaping the rear gunner's riposte.
    10. Another consecutive shot by the Fokker, which this time suffers damage. First Flame counter withdrawn.

11. The Pfalz is out of range due to engine damage. Second Flame counter withdrawn for the Fokker.
    12. Withdrawal of the third Flame counter is fatal for the Fokker. Last long-range shot missed by the Pfalz before the Handley reaches its camp.

Result: Special damages (Jamming, Engine and Flame) have penalized the German fighters and prevented them from firing any more shots at the bomber.
    Handley-Page O/400 saved (26 points of damage)
    Fokker E.V eliminated and Pfalz D.IIIa saved (18 and 8 damage points).

Great stuff, monse!

Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

LEPRIEUR ROCKETS AGAINST A GERMAN BALLOON
    German balloon defended by a Fokker Dr.I fighter (Stan95 at the controls) and attacked by a Nieuport 16 equipped with Leprieur rockets (Monse at the controls).

1. The Fokker maneuvers around the Nieuport, which adjusts its trajectory to face the balloon.
    2. A salvo of rockets ignites the balloon.

3. Fokker misses on the Nieuport. Additional Flame damage with no effect on the balloon.
    4. The 2 aircraft remain on either side of the balloon, flying around it. The Fokker intercepts the Nieuport, inflicting one Flame damage. An additional Flame damage for the balloon.

5. The Fokker misses its consecutive shot at the Nieuport.
    6. First Flame counter withdrawn for the Nieuport. One more Flame damage for the balloon. Both planes fly opposite way.

7. Second Flame counter withdrawn for the Nieuport. One more Flame damage for the balloon.
    8. Withdrawal of the third Flame counter for the Nieuport, which accumulates damage points and prefers to abandon the battle without being caught by the Fokker.

Balance
    Balloon safely brought to ground (13 damage points including 7 points per Flame damage)
    Fokker Dr.I saved
    Nieuport 16 saved (9 points of damage)

Smart move leaving the field of battle for the Nieuport - discretion is the better part of valor!

Similar Missions

1. Chasing the Giant
    By Spoonfrog in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2022, 20:12
  2. CHASING THE BEASTS (attacks of Staaken flying in automatic mode)
    By monse in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2021, 08:21
  3. AAR - Chasing away the Pigeons
    By Sam Urai in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2021, 05:41
  4. Chasing a Gotha
    By Windy Jack in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2019, 05:46
  5. Replies: 9