Good Day fine ladies and gentlemen of the 'drome.
I wanted to ask those of you with some experience in setting up campaigns and with some technical/historical knowledge for advice in setting up my very first campaign.

I know the OTT campaigns here on the forum are normally a collective effort, I would like instead to be the author of my own series of games.

The concept would be "the career of a German pilot" from the Fokker scourge to the end of the war (provided he'll last that long!).
I would be playing it solo, mostly.

First things first, the hardware. My Idea was to use the below models:
Fokker E.III
Halberstadt D.III
Albatros D.V/D.Va
Fokker Dr.I
Fokker E.V

Do you reckon the list above is sufficient to cover the period mentioned?

Also - how do you go about creating scenarios which are varied and give challenges of different kinds?
I was planning to, time by time, have my pilot and his kettle face different challenges (fighter vs fighter, opposition to photo recon two seater, balloon busting, etc). Does this sound logical? How you ensure a steady increase in difficulty?

How do you track the pilot's increase in experience? Do you add ace skills as the game progresses with a sort of milestones system?

How many scenarios would you have such a campaign last? My Idea was 6 to 8, with no more than 3 scenario in each year of the period considered.

Thanks in advance to all those who'll chip in!