Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mess of the OTT Fierce Young Men Campaign 1917

Default Mess of the OTT Fierce Young Men Campaign 1917

We have reached the end of the OTT Edgy Young Men Campaign so for those interested we will be continuing the early war conflict with a new campaign that has the title of OTT - Fierce Young Men Campaign, which will commence on Feb 1st 2024.

This campaign will cover the period April/May/June 1917 in WW1 air combat.
    I'm happy to provide the full admin for those that play and will be preparing documents/threads to assist us with that.

For the info of all Players:
    There will be four games to each campaign month eg 5th, 12th, 19th, 27th May but we will only play 1 game a month.
    This means that for the 3 months of the period we will get 12 months of gaming, we also get longer use of some of the kit. This also affects injury times for pilots and crew and there will be breaks in July & December, to allow people to catch up.

As usual, all those that play are expected to provide a scenario (or two) at some point.

If you want to join OTT Fierce Young Men campaign please check the rules sticky, particularly you old campaigners, as some minor changes will be made permanent.

Old campaigners of EYM will continue with their current rosters, your WIA will eventually return to action, your KIA/POW are lost to history.

Those who wish to 'change ends' need to tell me so I may reverse or change your rosters.

If anyone has any questions this is the place to ask them.

The potential pilots (pending notification):

Dave (flash) - Bulldog
    Paul (Tikkifriend) - Bulldog
    Peter (Teaticket) - Bulldog
    Pete (Stumptonian) - Eagle
    John (Vagabond) - Bulldog
    Paul (ShadowDragon) - Bulldog
    Barrie (Baz) - Eagle
    Malachi (Chris) - Eagle
    Hu Rhu (Gary) - Eagle
    Mikeemagnus (Mike) - Bulldog

Note: The Mess will remain locked for now until the end of EYM at the end of January.
    Last edited by flash; 12-23-2023 at 04:13.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Well, your campaign needs you - to volunteer to write a scenario !
    PM me please

2024/25

Provisionally:

Feb: Hu Rhu - Week 1 Apr 5th
    Mar: ShadowDragon - Week 2 Apr 12th
    Apr: Stumptonian - Week 3 Apr 19th
    May: Mikeemagnus - Week 4 Apr 26th
    Jun: Teaticket - Week 5 May 5th
    Jul: - Off
    Aug: Teaticket - Week 6 May 12th
    Sep: Vagabond - Week 9 May 19th
    Oct: ShadowDragon - Week 10 May 27th
    Nov: Tikkifriend - Week 11 Jun 5th
    Dec: - Off
    Jan: Teaticket - Week 12 Jun 12th
    Feb: Malachi - Week 13 Jun 19th
    Mar: Baz - Week 14 Jun 27th
    Last edited by flash; 05-03-2024 at 11:01.

Looking for a volunteer author for the opener.. Probably should be one of the Eagles as it's April.. Any takers ?

Dave,

I'l be happy to write the first scenario, especially since it is set on 5th April a rather inauspicious day for the RFC. I may need to borrow a plane or two for what I have in mind.

I'll be happy to write the first scenario, especially since it is set on 5th April a rather inauspicious day for the RFC.
    What? Jasta 11? Never heard of 'em, don't ya know

Ill take Nov in real time .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I'll still use my previos roster if thats got the right number of pilots Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    I'll still use my previos roster if thats got the right number of pilots Dave.
    No problem, Paul, they're all still there and pilot numbers are fine as you haven't used any in a while !

Looking forward to the new campaign

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Looking forward to the new campaign
    Are you going to join us Iain?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    No problem, Paul, they're all still there and pilot numbers are fine as you haven't used any in a while !
    Well rested and eager to be targets for thr Hun

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Well rested and eager to be targets for the Hun
    Glad to hear it, will be good to see you back in formation !

Glad to hear it, will be good to see you back in formation !
    Yes it will.

Dave count me in please.
    Cheers

Yesterday - or rather early this morning - was end to a heavy month. As some of you know, my mother-in-law - the last of our parents - went into palliative care in early December. She passed away on the 29th, just shy of 94 years of age. While she had been in an Ottawa senior's residence for the last 6 1/2 years she was a farm wife in western Manitoba, so the funeral was in Russell, Manitoba (a 4 your drive from Winnipeg airport). The funeral was lovely; I'm sure just as my M-in-L would have wanted it. Yesterday was a very long day as we left the Russell yesterday at 9 AM but only got home at 5 AM today due to flight delays - both mechanical and weather issues. Looking forward to the coming campaign.

Condolences Paul - Always a tough one to deal with, but your mother in law did have a good innings by the sounds of it. 94 is a formidable achievement RIP

Dave count me in please.
    Good to know you are back in the saddle John.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    .. As some of you know, my mother-in-law - the last of our parents - went into palliative care in early December. She passed away on the 29th, just shy of 94 years of age...
    Sorry to hear that, Paul, my condolences to you and the family, may she rest in peace.

My condolences Paul. Never a good time to lose someone close but this time of year makes it that much sadder. 94 years, she had quite a ride. RIP.

Paul - very sorry to hear of your loss and best wishes for peace and comfort to the family. It's good you could be there for the funeral despite the arduous travel!

Jan 3rd we suddenly lost my sister (age 58), apparent heart attack. We are all missing her lots, and it's a shock, especially for her daughter (age 19) who's lost both grandmothers and her mom in the last 14 months. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    ..Jan 3rd we suddenly lost my sister (age 58)..
    Heartfelt condolences to you and the family, Chris, an unexpected loss hits home a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    My condolences Paul. Never a good time to lose someone close but this time of year makes it that much sadder. 94 years, she had quite a ride. RIP.
    Yes, this time of year adds a +1 to the effects.
    Condolences, Paul.

technological incompetance rules me out.

Paul - very sorry to hear of your loss and best wishes for peace and comfort to the family. It's good you could be there for the funeral despite the arduous travel!

Jan 3rd we suddenly lost my sister (age 58), apparent heart attack. We are all missing her lots, and it's a shock, especially for her daughter (age 19) who's lost both grandmothers and her mom in the last 14 months. Onwards and upwards.
    Sorry to hear that, Chris. A sudden death at such a young age is a shock. Really tough for your niece. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Condolences Paul - Always a tough one to deal with, but your mother in law did have a good innings by the sounds of it. 94 is a formidable achievement RIP
    Thanks to all of you. Appreciated. I can assure you it was more a celebration of life than anything else. There's no doubt my mother-in-law was happy that the dying was done - dying's not always easy. She'd wake up and sigh, "I'm still alive". At least her mind was clear right to the end, even as her body was giving out.

Chris and Paul, my condolences to you both in your time of loss.

I am sorry to hear of your losses especially at this time of the year.

Thought to you both Paul and Chris .

Condolences to you both Paul n Chris

Very sorry to hear of your losses, Paul and Chris.
    Our thoughts will be with you at this sad time.
    Rob and Eileen.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Jan 3rd we suddenly lost my sister (age 58)
    Condolences to you too, Chris, and to the rest of your family. Very sad to lose someone who is so young

Well, your campaign needs you - to volunteer to write a scenario !
    PM me please

2024/25

Provisionally:

Feb: Hu Rhu - Week 1 Apr 5th
    Mar: ShadowDragon - Week 2 Apr 12th
    Apr: Stumptonian - Week 3 Apr 19th
    May: Mikeemagnus - Week 4 Apr 26th
    Jun: Baz - Week 5 May 5th
    Jul: - Off
    Aug: Teaticket - Week 6 May 12th
    Sep: Vagabond - Week 9 May 19th
    Oct: Teaticket - Week 10 May 27th
    Nov:Tikkifriend - Week 11 Jun 5th
    Dec: - Off
    Jan: - Week 12 Jun 12th
    Feb: - Week 13 Jun 19th
    Mar: - Week 14 Jun 27th
    DOH! Somehow completely missed this, but I could do either Feb or Mar, Onkel.

No worries, I'll pencil you in for Feb '25, Chris !

Won't be available most of the weekend due to Beachhead '24 & a house guest.

Good time at Beachhead, survived lurgy free, now counting down (again) for surgery next Wednesday...

Once again, good luck, hope to see you in April

All the best for next week Dave

Re our campaign. I'm currently looking at possible scenarios for a January 2025 Mission. Long way to go yet, I know, but I'll see what I can come up with

Dave, Good luck with your surgery. I'm sure your MO will find all the shrapnel you've been accumulating from all the OTT missions you've flown.

Good luck, Onkel! Nurse Schulz should be around to look after you.

Nurse Schulz should be around to look after you.
    God help him then.

Cheers chaps, I will keep you posted on events but no AAR !

Bon Courage Dave

All the best for your op Dave.

The good news is that the SAS captured Nurse Schulz trying to board a cross channel ferry last night , disguised as a Shanytman, and put her under arrest as a spy and for murdering good music. She is now on her way to the Tower.

Kyte.

Good luck, Dave.
    I hope to have Mission 1 completed in time for you to peruse it on your return.

The good news is that the SAS captured Nurse Schulz trying to board a cross channel ferry last night , disguised as a Shanytman, and put her under arrest as a spy and for murdering good music. She is now on her way to the Tower.
    What's the betting she'll escape inside a month disguised as a beefeater? Or should I say Yeoman Warder? Either way, her stay in the Tower will be a Flash in the pan

At least it will give Uncle enough time to have his proceedure and then wing it before she gets onto his case Mike.
    Rob.

Excuse me chaps but Nurse Schultz is my creation, you can all bally well butt out and leave her alone.

Flying Officer Kyte for your information it would need more than the SAS to take down Nurse Schultz and a stronger prison than the tower to hold her.

Dave good luck with the surgery and as it doesn't sound as if you will be W.I.A. and in a Field Hospital you will not qualify for the ministrations of Nurse Schultz. You'll have to make do with some make weight instead.

I was going to warn you chaps about the use of Nurse Schultz (TM). There are treacherous shoals surrounding IP issues...er, sorry, wrong forum. Make that winter storms and/or thunderclouds surrounding those things. But, alas, I was too late with my warning. That's what indolence will do you for.

If not Nurse Schultz then who the devil have we got locked up in the Bloody Tower?
    I also want Captain Vagabond investigated. He seems a lot more concerned about that nurse than he should be!

Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    I was going to warn you chaps about the use of Nurse Schultz (TM). There are treacherous shoals surrounding IP issues...er, sorry, wrong forum. Make that winter storms and/or thunderclouds surrounding those things. But, alas, I was too late with my warning. That's what indolence will do you for.
    Too true S.D. There's a shortage of young, good looking women out here on the Western Front and even if she only qualifies in one of these categories, the rest of you can go and find your own IP's, I'm assuming IP is Canadian for young, good looking, (fictional) women.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If not Nurse Schultz then who the devil have we got locked up in the Bloody Tower?
    I also want Captain Vagabond investigated. He seems a lot more concerned about that nurse than he should be!

Kyte.
    I believe the woman in the Tower is the notorious German spy Elfi Heidemann.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nurse Shultz.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	335950

A woman, Flying Officer Kyte, who you were trying to pass off as Nurse Schultz on the 23rd Dec last year in the Edgy Young Men Mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3 nurse Schultz.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	335951
    You can clearly see there is no resemblance between your spy and the inestimable Nurse Schultz.

I will not question why you would wish to incarcerate what I believe the Canadians call an IP, (See above) or a beautiful young woman as we more civilised types call them in a dark dank dungeon. Only you know the hidden secret's of your soul.

There does appear to be much more to this than at first meets the eye, something that may be revealed in my next Report, if I ever get to play the game

For the moment I can only assume Captain Vagabond is destined for promotion in the near future as currently he's only just been promoted to Lieutenant. It must mean he's not going to die imminently, which is a bit of a relief to his parents as well as himself.

Yours affectionately

Lieutenant Vagabond ne Captain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2024, 09:17
  2. Mess of the OTT Edgy Young Men Campaign 1917
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 01-31-2024, 08:01
  3. OTT Fierce Young men (FYM) Campaign Rules.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2023, 04:38
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2023, 02:55
  5. Mess of the OTT Bold Young Men Campaign 1916
    Replies: 305
    Last Post: 10-05-2022, 04:07