Ares Games

View Poll Results: What upcoming 2011 product are you awaiting the most?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • WWI Miniatures: Giants of the Sky

39 36.45%
  • WW1 Miniatures: Series 5

52 48.60%
  • WW2 Box Set: Rain of Destruction

6 5.61%
  • WW2 Booster: Winds of Fire

0 0%
  • WW2 Booster: Ground attack

1 0.93%
  • WW2 Miniatures: Series 3

3 2.80%
  • WW2 Miniatures: Bombers Packs

6 5.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What upcoming 2011 product are you awaiting the most?

Default What upcoming 2011 product are you awaiting the most?

Similar to a poll from last year, but updated for 2011.

That was a tough choice between the first two for me... but I had to lean towards the bombers for now...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ein- and Doppeldeckers for me, and one pusher too, please - Series 5! But the bombers are now getting more exciting, I just got Flight of the Giants box and all those big planes look great.

You left out reprints. You know, the things any intelligent business type would keep in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    You left out reprints. You know, the things any intelligent business type would keep in stock?
    I took this list of items from the Nexus press release about 2011 releases that you can read here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...1-News-Release

Sadly, they didn't mention that they were doing the reprints this year - that doesn't mean they won't, they just didn't mention them - so they didn't make the list.

A tough choice between one and two for me as well, but the bombers won out.
    Don

It just has be the WW1 bomber mini's as I want to get the big boys on the table ASAP

WW1 Bombers all the way...

RoD, interesting how the split is very WW1, may have to give in and get some......hey that means I get more releases.....

This is a stupid poll..! The release dates are only any good for you lot on the main continents. For some reason we get stuff a year late down here.

Although im really looking forward to the Bombers its the DH2 that im wanting more than anything else

You're a cruel man Larry !

Don't despair Alan, from experience I'm not sure being on any continent makes a shred of difference to the release dates accuracy lol

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I'd like fries with those bombers please, and a large chocolate shake.

Its WW2 series 3 for me. I want my Flying Tigers Squadron. Then definitely the WW1 bombers.

I voted for WW1 series five because I have done most of the bombers from Skytrex already. Also we have a bit more info on what will be included.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

D.h.2 and bombers, definitely if I collected wwi series. But definitely ground attack blister. Strike planes are my favourites.

All. [voice=Crack Addict]"Must... have... MORE!"[/voice]LOL
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

This crack addict voice seems to be making the rounds... If it's in WWI, I can't seem to help myself from wanting it!

Yep! I voted for Series 5 WW1. Just got to get some of the early stuff. DH2 & Eindekker for a start but the Halberstadt sounds good too.

Tough call - my regular opponents and I are really looking forward to DH2's and EIII's, but I think the bombers win out.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

Reissues of the old miniatures for me, but from the list it would have to be series 5, I can't wait for pushers.

Definitely...bombers...

WW1 Series 5 for me but it is a tough call as I would like the lot!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Voted Bombers, but am eagerly awaiting the Series 5 fix! Also like the idea of a 'Ground Attack' blister or expansion set.

Stupid question: when are we gonna get us some Allied dive-bombers? I can't be the only one a little irritated by The Other Guys having all the Air-to-Mud...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Voted for series 5. But will buy the bombers as soon as they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    This is a stupid poll..! The release dates are only any good for you lot on the main continents. For some reason we get stuff a year late down here.
    Max, I could make some cynical comments about those who choose to dwell in the Land of the Long White Cloud, but as I may try to tap you up for some BofB skins (love your work!), and as it's a World Cup year with you as the host, perhaps I'd better stay schtum!

From an Aussie living in the UK, welcome to the minorities!
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 03-31-2011 at 14:48.

Definately Series 5! (I am a pusher man.)

Had to vote for the Series 5 WWI.

But...If early series reprints were an option, I would choose that option first.

Having come to the game a bit later, I am hoping that at some point I will be able to round out my collection from the early series.

$100 for a DR.1?! No way.

Reprints first, then maybe series five.

Bombers!! Gimme my bombers! Iwanmy my bombers! Gimme my bombers!

I feel jilted by this poll because I am awaiting the bombers and series 5 equally but I was forced to pick one and I guess if I only had enough to buy one I would get the bombers cause they will be more visually cool.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Definately Series 5! (I am a pusher man.)
    I said god damn. God damn the pusher man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3.14 View Post
    Bombers!! Gimme my bombers! Iwanmy my bombers! Gimme my bombers!
    For goodness sake pull yourself together man. Come and have a beer in the mess.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I hope they release something soon, and learn to spread releases out through the year... this "Mass Dump All at Once" crap really Brings The Pain to the ol' wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    For goodness sake pull yourself together man. Come and have a beer in the mess.
    Kyte.
    Haha I was thinking the same thing when I read that Rob.
    I'll buy him the second round.

Amazing the numbers are leaning so heavily to the WWI stuff. I am definitely a WWI fan myself, but have been thinking about getting into the WWII side as well. Perhaps this is a good time to make the leap?

I will be happy if at least one WW2 set will be avaible in Germany. Trying sience month the get Fire from the Sky

Try online shops

WWI Series 5 just sayin'. Although honestly I still have to stock up on some of the older stuff.

I vote for WW1 Series 5. Even though I got the Skytrex Fokker E.III and Airco D.H.2. I NEED the Halberstadt D.III!

Released in 2011, we can but hope!!!!!

Bombers it must be the bombers....

It would be nice to have the option to vote for more than just one on the list.

I chose series V, but I am also very anxious for WWII series III.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

WW2 Series 3.

I am waiting for the Yak and the Reggiane.

Then come the WW2 bombers.

G.

I voted for the WWI bombers but I'd settle for any new WWI minis - since nothing new has come out since I started playing something new will be a novel experience lol.

The first have of 2011 is allmost over so when will we get oure Toys?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Amazing the numbers are leaning so heavily to the WWI stuff. I am definitely a WWI fan myself, but have been thinking about getting into the WWII side as well. Perhaps this is a good time to make the leap?
    I think thats a good idea! I've started dabbling in the WWII as in our LGS there is way much more WWII mini's than the WWI mini's. Better strike while the iron's hot, before they get scarce like the WWI mini's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. What series 2 (WW2) are you awaiting the most?
    By The Blue Baron in forum Polls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2020, 14:56
  2. What series 4 (WW1) are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 14:41
  3. Product updates
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 02:29
  4. What upcoming product are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 17:30
  5. Upcoming Axis and Allies Campaign
    By afilter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 12:05