Ares Games

Thread: Carnage 26 - 2023

Default Carnage 26 - 2023

Carnage will be once again held at the Killington Ski Resort Oct 27-29. Game registration through Tabletop Events is HERE.

I'll be running 2 Wings games and one of my own design, Titanic! I have only been to Carnage a couple times quite a while ago so not sure how the turnout for my games will be. Fingers crossed there will enough players sign on.
    Another light schedule for me as there are a couple of games I'd like to play in.

Fri 1pm - Wings of Glory – A Weekend in Paris
    A flight of fully loaded German bombers cross high over the lines making their way for a raid on Paris. Constantly on alert, the CRP (Camp Retranche de Paris) are ready and attack the approaching force well before it reaches Paris. When the French scouts get within sight of the bombers they find the Germans have also sent some single engine tandems along for their attack. Will Paris be again terrorized by the Germans from above?

Fri 7pm – Wings of Glory – An Austrian Incursion
    The Austrians were tired of all the Italian bombing raids on their major military installation at Pola. A small fast force is gathered and sent on its way to the Caproni base north east of Venice. Luckily for the Italians a patrol boat radioed a warning of the oncoming force. The Italians sent out word to nearby airfields and naval bases. A defense was in the air to welcome the arriving Austrians.

Sun 10am – Titanic!
    Be the captain of one of the worlds greatest luxury liners heading out of Southampton on their voyage to New York City. Or, be a force of nature and guide an iceberg or two helping Neptune and Mother Nature rid the ocean of these monsterous man made behemoths. Captains are competing against the other captains to be the first to New York with the least damage while the icebergs compete amongst themselves for the most damage inflicted against the ships crossing their waters. Tactical maneuvering skill wins the day unless Neptune wakes up and interferes to turn the tables.

Finally getting around to posting a couple of AARs from games I ran at Carnage. AAR can be seen HERE.

This game had a trio of strung out Gothas on their way to Paris. If they make it off the board they are considered to be bombing Paris. After their drop they have to cross the board again to make it home.
    A flurry of French Nieuports and SPADs heroically threw themselves at the Hun bombers to defend the City of Light.
    Name:  55.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  110.4 KB

Game 2 can be seen HERE.

The Austrians are out to catch an Italian bomber base by surprise. The Italians hope to get their Capronis away to safety....

Name:  27.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  105.4 KB

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-17-2023, 14:40
  2. Attack 2023 Devizes 15th and 16th July 2023
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-19-2023, 07:28
  3. National: Carnage 23 is Cancellled
    By NewFlyBoy in forum US Wing