Ares Games

Thread: G Deck Wanted

Default G Deck Wanted

Looking for one Ares G Deck! I have a Pfalz E.II that is lonely without a maneuver deck.

Send me a PM if you have one for sale!

Darryl - I don't have an Ares G-deck but I do have a WOW G-deck. And it's yours if you'd like it.

Hmmm...

Nexus released a G deck in the Watch Your Back boxed set (without climb/dive cards), and in the Immelmann Booster pack (may have had integrated climb/dive cards). If a person also picked up the Burning Drachens boxed set, that set contained climb/dive cards for all the previous decks in Famous Aces and Watch Your Back boxed sets (A through H).

The minis that were released by Ares corresponding to equivelent Nexus card planes were give new decks, and instead of the G deck they appear to have ended up with P and T decks.

PS: Did the Pfalz E.II get reviewed for a new deck, too? Should it still use a G deck, or is there now something more appropriate?
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 09-01-2023 at 13:34.

Mike, Darryl - the deck I have is numbered 1- 16 with the arrows in black and a suffix of two letters "WB". With what Mike said above, I guess the WB stands for Watch Your Back. This card pack also includes two cards numbered 1/2 and 2/2 with the suffix "BD" and red arrows. I'm guessing those are the climb/dive cards from Burning Drachens that Mike also mentions above.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Mike, Darryl - the deck I have is numbered 1- 16 with the arrows in black and a suffix of two letters "WB". With what Mike said above, I guess the WB stands for Watch Your Back. This card pack also includes two cards numbered 1/2 and 2/2 with the suffix "BD" and red arrows. I'm guessing those are the climb/dive cards from Burning Drachens that Mike also mentions above.
    Yep. That's what you have! Awesome.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I acquired these cards from my good friend the late Baltic Bob. That's why I'm happy to give them to a good home. He too was awesome. Thanks for your insights.

I acquired these cards from my good friend the late Baltic Bob. That's why I'm happy to give them to a good home. He too was awesome. Thanks for your insights.
    That would be PERFECT! Exactly what I seek (normal 16 plus the climb and dive). And I will appreciate them even more since they were from a friend of yours! I'll shoot you a PM. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    PS: Did the Pfalz E.II get reviewed for a new deck, too? Should it still use a G deck, or is there now something more appropriate?
    According to the Wings of Linen site it still uses the G Deck. Now a P Deck, that would be cool, but it would probably more like a T Deck, but I don't have one of those either.

Not a lot of difference in these two maneuver decks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MATE-G.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	330522
    Side slips 15 (Right) and 16 (left) are Steep maneuvers.

Name:	MATE-T.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	330521
    Side slips 15 (Right) and 16 (left) are NOT Steep maneuvers.

So, the T deck makes for a more maneuverable plane, but only ever so slightly.
    Mike

This deck is the same speed, but a bit more maneuverable than the T?

Name:	MATE-P.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	330523
    Side slips 15 (Right) and 16 (left) are Steep maneuvers, but short, allowing for a tighter maneuver.

PS: IIRC, Ares Games renumbered the cards, putting the climbs/dives in reverse order, so 17/18 are reversed in the P and T decks. No real difference in the maneuvers.
    Mike

Darryl - I don't have an Ares G-deck but I do have a WOW G-deck..
    No one has, Craig, Ares have never made one !

Not much between the G and T decks (other than Kyte would drink them !)

Deck G (18) – Slow speed - 2.9cm
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    1 right sideslip
    1 left sideslip
    1 right sideslip - steep
    1 left sideslip - steep
    1 climb
    1 dive

Deck T (18) – Slow speed - 2.9cm
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    2 right sideslip
    2 left sideslip
    1 climb
    1 dive
    Last edited by flash; 09-02-2023 at 04:12.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Darryl - was able to get my act together and drop off the cards at the post office this morning. According to the "postal authorities", you should receive them the middle of next week. Let me know when you do. Thanks!

Got them Saturday...MUCH appreciated!!!

Just seen this and as a matter of coincidence but I've got a "G" deck with the dive/climb cards added. Will be going towards the 3 DFWs (more planes just because I wanted to fill the gap between Rolands and Hannovers ) I've ordered from Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Got them Saturday...MUCH appreciated!!!
    Glad you received them. Enjoy

Similar Missions

1. WGF Wanted: E deck stall, available: E deck straight
    By Spoonfrog in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2022, 03:45
  2. WGF U Deck wanted
    By Hu Rhu in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-10-2022, 13:47