Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16, release in September 2023

Quote Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
    Wow, I wasn’t paying attention. Did I totally miss the release of these and now they’re unavailable?
    Still seems like LingSter Games has some:

https://lingstergames.com/en-ca/coll...wings-of-glory

Miniature Market total failure. After my last request to get a refund on the balloons, they made the excuse that they were assured that they’d have them in one to two weeks, reliably. Today is the two week mark (they still ain’t there). I told them at the time that if the order wasn’t in the mail by this Friday, (Feb 2nd), that I expect a full refund immediately, and that this was not to be considered a negotiation. It was final. I’ve never preordered before with anyone, and I never will again. I only did it this time because Ares had them in and were shipping them out. MM should not have accepted preorders when they weren’t going to have enough to cover the orders they had, and three flipping months to still not have a restock is a disgrace.

I suppose they have three days to go, but I have utterly no confidence in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
    Wow, I wasn’t paying attention. Did I totally miss the release of these and now they’re unavailable?
    They are still available. Click on the ARES banner near the top of the page. 2 balloons and 3 N16s for under $100. Balloons $29.90 each.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Still seems like LingSter Games has some:

https://lingstergames.com/en-ca/coll...wings-of-glory
    Thanks. Ordered the two balloons. With shipping that makes it over $100 CAD so the planes will have to wait, but at least I grabbed the gas bags!

And the finalé of the Miniature Market fiasco: the balloons are no longer even listed for sale as of today (Feb 2nd). Gone into thin air. Cancelled my order. Sigh.

Bruce - Lingster Games is advertising that they have the yellow balloon for sale.

Yup, this sounds like Fantasy Flight still playing games and trying to run the brand into the ground.

Damn, I miss Aerodrome Accessories and 12-7 Games right now...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Bruce - Lingster Games is advertising that they have the yellow balloon for sale.
    They have both - go to their balloon page and you can select either yellow or brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Miniature Market total failure. After my last request to get a refund on the balloons, they made the excuse that they were assured that they’d have them in one to two weeks, reliably. Today is the two week mark (they still ain’t there). I told them at the time that if the order wasn’t in the mail by this Friday, (Feb 2nd), that I expect a full refund immediately, and that this was not to be considered a negotiation. It was final. I’ve never preordered before with anyone, and I never will again. I only did it this time because Ares had them in and were shipping them out. MM should not have accepted preorders when they weren’t going to have enough to cover the orders they had, and three flipping months to still not have a restock is a disgrace.

I suppose they have three days to go, but I have utterly no confidence in them.
    Especially if the rumor I heard is true that their entire stock went to the GenCon sales floor first.

When was your request? The email I posted earlier was received January 12.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Especially if the rumor I heard is true that their entire stock went to the GenCon sales floor first.

When was your request? The email I posted earlier was received January 12.
    Ares noted that they have them in stock, and that Miniature Market use a distributor and does not deal direct with them. I called MM yesterday and asked to refund my entire order, and they did. I would doubt that Ares brought the entire stock to GenCon.

Just as a side note, ultimately, this was out of MM’s hands if the distributor fails to deliver. I’ll still be using them for certain things, but I’m just going back to my usual policy of never pre-ordering anything (beyond technically Kickstarter is not “pre-ordering”, though I’d like to see Congress address that).

Version I heard was not Ares but MM took their entire stock to the Indy floor instead of filling pre-orders.

CoolStuffInc has them still listed as pre-order too, but as far as I know Ares has only ONE US distributor and that's Alliance, who fulfills the Kickstarters.

If Alliance is playing games that's on them but MM seemed to pointedly refuse to make further inquiries about the matter.

Version I heard was not Ares but MM took their entire stock to the Indy floor instead of filling pre-orders.

CoolStuffInc has them still listed as pre-order too, but as far as I know Ares has only ONE US distributor and that's Alliance, who fulfills the Kickstarters.

If Alliance is playing games that's on them but MM seemed to pointedly refuse to make further inquiries about the matter.
    Ah, I see. Well, if MM did that, counting on their distributor to make up the difference - eventually - one would still figure that three months still seems excessive. And then pulling it entirely from their listing (checking - still gone), what does that say?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, if MM did that, counting on their distributor to make up the difference - eventually - one would still figure that three months still seems excessive. And then pulling it entirely from their listing (checking - still gone), what does that say?
    It tells me there's some shady s*** goin' on. I wonder if there's been a MAP policy enacted and CSI and MM are being punished for breaking it... which... well, as recently as 2021 - two YEARS after Asmodee - MM was still a reliable source. So now it makes me wonder what - or WHO - changed there.

Update on the drama: MM just sent an email that the Drachens have arrived... and are already out of stock again, not a darn word about filling my order.

CSI, I got confirmation that they sunsetted everything but card games in September.

Alliance is an extremely unreliable source for gaming stuff. My LFGS preordered Tanks for me when they hit the market, and Alliance took the orders, and then refused to fill them.
    This has happened with WoW, WoG, Sails, Tanks, etc.
    They were supplying the planes for and Ares-run game at Origins that they knew about months in advance, and had to be prompted (several times, I think) to express ship them just (literally) in time for the game.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Alliance is an extremely unreliable source for gaming stuff. My LFGS preordered Tanks for me when they hit the market, and Alliance took the orders, and then refused to fill them.
    This has happened with WoW, WoG, Sails, Tanks, etc.
    They were supplying the planes for and Ares-run game at Origins that they knew about months in advance, and had to be prompted (several times, I think) to express ship them just (literally) in time for the game.

Karl
    Maybe someone needs to make Ares aware of this; God knows I've tried. So instead of an unreliable manufacturing partner they now have an unreliable distribution partner.

Is there something Alliance doesn't understand about how unshipped inventory costs EVERYBODY money?

Maybe someone needs to make Ares aware of this; God knows I've tried. So instead of an unreliable manufacturing partner they now have an unreliable distribution partner.

Is there something Alliance doesn't understand about how unshipped inventory costs EVERYBODY money?
    Sadly there are not a lot of choices is distribution. Frankly, I don't know of any.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

"Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles"...I just received my balloons and Nieuport 16 today...and I'm not just Fiddlin' on my Roof!

Believe it or not, after having received absolutely no hopeful responses from "MM", I was on the verge of simply cancelling my order. Wednesday morning I got on-line to do exactly that when I received an e-mail informing me that an order had been shipped from Miniature Market. Checking the order it I saw it was the one I was about to complain about. I wasn't sure I wanted to hold my breath over the news but my box arrived about an hour ago. All is intact and I'm a very relieved and even happier camper.

So for those who HAD made an order through them, take heart; there really is a chance you'll be hearing from them soon...if you haven't already.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. Re-release Balloon Busters pleeeeease ;)
    By HTRAINo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:52
  2. WGF Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters
    By Niemandsland in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 00:57
  3. FS: Camo Nieuport 16 (Johnson Prince) from Balloon Busters set
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 07:54
  4. FS: Brown Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters set