Ares Games

Thread: A decade ago...

Default A decade ago...

Wow - doesn't time fly...

10 years ago (!) I posted my first couple of aircraft models on Shapeways - the PO-2 and the Austin Ball AFB1
    (There were a couple of model ships just before those)

So a huge thanks to all my customers over the years
    Hope you've enjoyed painting/playing with them as much as I have making them and looking at all your pictures in the gallery here

It started as an experiment and a hobby for me.
    I get on average about $1 for each one I sell - the proceeds have gone variously to several charities, bought my 3D printer, kept us in netflix and bought a kayak!

Not really sure what the future is for Shapeways, I guess the rise of cheap home printers is reducing their market share - I can certainly print my own models for far less than they do with a better resolution.

I've not released anything new for ages - probably time to consider doing something new.
    I'll also gradually start releasing some of the catalogue for free on thingiverse as shapeways sales reduce.

Cheers
    Paul

Congratulations Paul and thanks for filling the skies with your models

Thankyou for all your efforts Paul, I have some of your kit, enjoyed painting it and, most of all, using it on the table. Amongst others I have both the versions of your AFB-1 and hope to use them against Tripods as cannon armed variants at Flight Club VII in the 23rd of this month,
    so you may get to see them in action soon.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks for all the great shapeways offerings you put up. I know I've purchsed my share and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Thanks for all the great shapeways offerings you put up. I know I've purchsed my share and then some.
    Ditto!

Many thanks indeed!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks for all the cool models, Paul!

Thanks from me also. Many of my planes came from your shop.
    If you're looking for a new one to design, how about the Ta-154 Moskito?
    Foz,s model won't print, and he hasn't responded to fix it.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Congrats, Paul! When I got started with Shapeways, I looked to your models as inspiration, plus those of Kampfflieger, C.A. (jbmacek) and wow (colinwe). Between us, we've covered almost all the planes with significant operational use in WWI. (There are still a few obscure models to cover.)

Cheers all

I'd definitely say all significant WW1 planes - and most of the insignificant (but much more fun) ones too quadraplane anyone?.

Daryl - have you built this one yet?
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...80-05-Triplane

Of course WW1 is only part of my model selection - they're relatively simple compared to some of those 1/1250 ship models which take ages to build.

hmmmm.... moskito...

Thanks Paul from me too. If you need a clear out again, bear us in mind.