Ares Games

Thread: A little "local" history for the Aerodrome History Buffs.

Default A little "local" history for the Aerodrome History Buffs.

I thought I might share a bit of history located about 3/8 miles down the road from my home in Baltimore, Ohio. There you will find the local VFW post, and a majestic bird:

Granted she is dated about ten years after WWII, but I still thought you might find her interesting:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFW P2V.jpg  
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Need to get out to McMinnville again sometime....

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Need to get out to McMinnville again sometime....
    What is in McMinnville? (... and where is it?)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ken, I had to find the answer as it didn't ring any bells with me. But after seeing the wikipedia link for McMinnville and the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergre...6_Space_Museum

I may just have to put it on the short list for the family holiday next year.

Cheers,

Aled

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Ken, I had to find the answer as it didn't ring any bells with me. But after seeing the wikipedia link for McMinnville and the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergre...6_Space_Museum

I may just have to put it on the short list for the family holiday next year.

Cheers,

Aled
    How cool is that!!! I always wondered where the Spruce Goose was! Oregon is one heck of a drive for me... but it would be worth it I think!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

If you do get there, don't forget to take loads of photo's to share with the rest of us. Cheers Aled

As much as I would love to go, odds are against it happening for me... I can't even find a ride to Toledo right now!

We will have to rely on Chris to go take a bunch of pictures for us. Maybe some video too please?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    As much as I would love to go, odds are against it happening for me... I can't even find a ride to Toledo right now!

We will have to rely on Chris to go take a bunch of pictures for us. Maybe some video too please?
    I second that request.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    I thought I might share a bit of history located about 3/8 miles down the road from my home in Baltimore, Ohio. There you will find the local VFW post, and a majestic bird:

Granted she is dated about ten years after WWII, but I still thought you might find her interesting:

Thanks Ken! Nice pic & nice 'plane.

Trust me, Evergreen's a very impressive place--I roadtripped down there with a college buddy a couple times. Now I wish I could find the pix from all those years ago...

If any of you do venture out this way, feel free save a Sunday afternoon and drop by Katie O'Brien's in Portland to fly with The Usual Ne'er Do Wells.

When my Dad was stationed in good old Rosey Roads in Puerto Rico, back in the early 70s, I knew a few of the guys that used to fly those Neptune's.. very nice of you to post up the pic, brings back some memories..

And if anybody ever plans a trip to Seattle, drop a shout--I'll see if I can get part of the Museum of Flight's events calendar up; for example, every November, Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Society hosts an event where you can game among the planes, and if Wings of War isn't represented it darn well oughtta be!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    And if anybody ever plans a trip to Seattle, drop a shout--I'll see if I can get part of the Museum of Flight's events calendar up; for example, every November, Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Society hosts an event where you can game among the planes, and if Wings of War isn't represented it darn well oughtta be!
    I have been tempted to ask Evergreen A&SM if they would allow a historical-gaming event in the museum -- many moons ago, when I was connected with an effort to "freeware" the _Crimson Skies_ boardgame, I had a notion to run a _CS_ event *inside the HK-1*.... :)

Now wouldn't that be a kick-butt place for a WoW match, especially if it were reenacting the plot of Hughes' Hell's Angels!

Similar Missions

1. Boudwin's Se5a "error" in Series IV
    By MayorJim in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 13:03
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 08:46
  3. Ok, I'm bidding on a "USED" copy of Wings of War WWI: Famous Aces
    By Captain Knowitall in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 23:12
  4. "Climb" and "dive" cards?