Ares Games
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Avon Flight

Default Avon Flight

Games evening

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

1. This is mainly for the Avon flight but quite easily for anyone within easy reach of the Mall Cribbs Causeway in Bristol.
      Every Wedneday evening the local GW shop is running some tables for a gaming community within the Mall.
      I have spoken to the organiser and have been told it is not exclusively for GW games, but what he is trying to make is a general gaming club.
      The organiser was more than happy to allocate a table for other games, which we can readily make use of.
      So if anyone would be interested in meeting up at Cribbs Causeway Bristol for a game here are some details.
      Timings 18:00 to 20:45.
      The table available ( at least to start with) is approx 3' x 3', but if enough of us I have something to extend that surface.
      Cost would be £1 per person , this would be used for insurance purposes by the organiser.
      The area is locted on the First Floor in a Coffee bar area near te GW shop & M&S.
      I am quite happy to supply the gaming materials , as much as I can, but feel free to bring your own if you wish.
      To start with I would prefer to use miniatures but we can just use cards if preferred.
      So drop me a PM if you are interested and would like to meet up.
      The down side is due to my other worldy work I cannot attend for the next two weeks but can after that for a couple of weeks.
      Anyway if interested PM me, I shall post this on the main forum too
      Chris
      Edit Report
    2. flash - 11-04-2010, 00:14
      Good work Chris !
    3. David Manley - 11-04-2010, 07:18
      Chris, the Mall is only a few minutes away from where I am. Sounds like an excellent idea! i'm also tied up for the next few weeks - probably couldn't manage anything this month, but December should be quieter.
    4. Boney10 - 11-04-2010, 13:56
      Dave ?, Good news I am taking a weeks leave in Dec so Ill arrange and let you know. We got 3 of us at moment
      Chris
    5. Burt - 11-04-2010, 14:09
      Hi Boney 10

I am unable to come to Wednesday evening WOW games as that clashes with my own local club meetings in Taunton.
      If you ever do any weekend do's I could possibly join you then.
      Keep up the good work.
      Don
    6. Boney10 - 11-04-2010, 14:27
      Hi Burt,
      kk thnks for the gen will let you know how things turn out
      Chris
    7. filtonflyer - 11-04-2010, 16:11
      Same boat as you chris I'm on call and busy with work for the next couple of weeks but should be free after that.
      Nick
    8. Boney10 - 11-04-2010, 18:59
      Ok Nick, Ill check on my roster and will drop you & David a PM when I have arranged something.
      Chris
    9. Boney10 - 11-29-2010, 22:40
      Calling all pilots. This Wednesday 1 Dec at the Mall Cribbs Causeway, we are having a Wings of War game. Anyone within reach who fancies having a game, or a chat or just a look feel free to pop along. The game area is in the cafe near M&S on the top floor.
      Hope to see you
      Chris
    10. Flying Officer Kyte - 11-30-2010, 13:33
      The next time I come down to Bristol to visit my neice I will try to fit it in around a Wednesday if I can.
      Rob.
      Edit Report

Moderation Tools (0)
    • Delete Messages
    • Approve Messages
    • Unapprove Messages
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good Afternoon chaps, next Wedneday the 9 Feb & the following 16 Feb will be the next games nights held in the Mall Cribbs Causeway.
    I shall be there from 18:30 so anyone within the area who is available and would like A WoW game come along.
    Cost is £1 per person, for insurance purposes and is situated in the Cafe on the top floor near Marks & Spencers.
    This coming Wednesday will be just a standard Scout engaement but the following week I have something else up my sleeve involving two seaters, took bloody ages to get them up there and they split the seams (sigh). So hopefully see you there or PM me for more details or if you cant make it.
    Chris

I'm in London next Wednesday. I'll aim to stop off at the Mall on my way back from Parkway

A reminder chaps this Wednesday 16 Feb meeting in the Mall Cribbs Causeway 18:30 till 21:30 approx. All welcome if in area, we have one table with access to more if needed. PM me for more info

I'll be there. Picking daughter up from school netball match, then straight up so I should be there by 1830. I'm trying to pursuade one of my work colleagues to come along as well.

Hi chaps, due to a night flight, well night shift, I cannot be at the games night tonight or next week. However is anyone available Wed 16 March is on.

Hi Chris,
    Will try to make it on the 16 March
    Don

I'm in Scotland at the beginning of that week but I think I'll be back by Wednesday night. I'll bring along some of my repaints
    I also have an idea for a variant that I'd like to try out for one game. More details when I see you

kk Dave sounds like a good plan.
    Any others in the area are most welcome, cost of the night is £1 for the table. Come along we will have a go at most types of WoW.look forward to seeing you.
    We may also get the maiden flight of my HP 0/400

Chris,
    Have been cleared by the Boss to come along on Wenesday night if it is still on.
    Is it still at 18:00 in GW?
    Don

Hi all, just to confirm Wed 16 March will be the next games night at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. 18:30 to approx 21:30.
    Table is located on the top floor of the mall at the rear of the coffee bar next to Marks & Spencers. Cost is £1 for use of table, this for insurance purposes.
    All welcome for a game. look forward to seeing you.

Don great look forward to seeing you there, any preference for a game ? Let me know, Ill bring my kit but bring what you wish of your own.
    And dont forget to get your leave pass signed and in your hand, you know what these CO's are like

Any game will suit me, I'm still quite a novice.
    Last Wednesday got shot down in an Albatross DIII twice in two games, although the oponent was a Bregeut, quite a tough nut to crack.
    See you on Wednesday
    Don

SWMBO has just announced that she's going to be late home from work on Wednesday. I'll be loooking after the kids, but with luck she'll be back early enough for me to make the second half of the session.

SWMBO returned at 2200 and was completely apolgetic when she realised she'd stayed out late and ruined my gaming evening. How did the game go?

I'm in Scotland next week, Italy the week after so I'll not be available for any games then, but should be OK for later in April

Just the two of us doing WOW, we had 4-5 games with various fighters, finally finishing when they turned the lights out.
    Had a good time but most of the games seemed to be decided by explosion cards with me mostly going down
    Thanks for the games Chris a very enjoyable evening.
    Don

Hi chaps just to say Im off shift this coming Wed 23 so the Avon night is on again. Same as usual time 18:30 until 21:00
    Thanks to Don for last week a good time, unfortunately marred by the explosion card, also it seems we took the "Knights of the Air" a bit too literally as most damage done by collisions lol.
    Will be starting designing some better scens for future games.
    PM me if you need directions etc

Hi chaps this Wednesday 13 April next for the Games night at the Mall Cribbs Causeway. Let me know if anyone can make it and Il see you there. Times as usual 18:30 to 21:00. Ill bring the kit unless you want to bring your own.
    Chris

SWMBO says OK, so I'll be there

Ok Dave see you there, fancy a Dawn of War ? or early WoW ?

A good trio of games last night - actually pretty appalling fom my persective as both times I flew the DH.2 I drew the dreaded "bang" card (once as my earstwhile opponent was about to burn out of the sky), and in the third game (where I'd switched to an Eindecker) my chance for revenge was brought to an end by a mid-air collision. Curses, but I shall have my revenge!!

Thanks to Chris for bringing the "toys" - I dashed out of the house in a real hurry and forgot to bring the seaplanes and boats

WW2 gets its first outing in a couple of weeks I think

Sounds like a good time was had by one and mostly all Dave. I am working on my Swimbo, and my neice who lives in Brizol. Hope to get them to agree on a trip down soon. I have stipulated that it must include a Wednesday/ Thursday stopover.
    Rob.

As Dave is away this week I dont intend to go to the Mall, no opponent. However if anyone else is about and fancies a game let me know and Ill gladly turn up.
    The following Wednesday Dave & myslf will be there and will be having a crack at DOW so again anyone about is more than welcome.
    Just let me know
    Chris

Wed 27 April is the next WoW at the Mall Cribbs Causeway Bristol. Trying out Dawn of War. If in the area and fancy a game you are more than welcome. 18:30 to 20:30
    Chris

chris, I'm probably not going to be able to make the game as I'm restricted to bed on orders from the MO. So bad that I'm not even getting any painting done!

Sorry to hear you arn't too chipper Dave. Hope you will be flying again before too long.
    Rob.

Hi Dave,
    Sorry to hear you not well. Not a problem, obviously, get well soon matey.
    Chris

Anyone else up for a game in Bristol tonight? Let me know ASAP

sorry chris, I'm having a bit of a bad time of it one way and another just now

Hi chaps due to work I will not be at the Mall until Wed 25 May. Hopefully see you there then
    Chris

I think I'm at sea that day, so I'll probably see you the week afterwards

OK Dave Im off that week too. See you Sunday at the show Will bring 1st & 2nd WW versions see if we get more recruits

Ok chaps my next availability for the games evening is Wed 25 May please let me know if anyone coming to the Mall Cribbs for a game

Anyone up for a game at the Mall Cribbs Causeway in Bristol I am available for next Wednesday the 1st June. please let me know so im not stood there all alone poor me

I'm 50/50 at the moment. Wifey planning to work "late" but no certainty on what "late" is. She may be back in time for me to get up there for 1830 or 1900.

KK Dave drop me a tx around 6ish if you not coming , it will save me a journey matey

Wednesdays are looking bad for the next few weeks. Portsmouth next week (may be back by 7 but unlikely). Same thing the following week, then Delft the week afterwards and Washington the week after that. I should be around on July 6th, then away for another couple of Wednesdays. Apart from the 6th my first gaming Wednesday is therefore likely to be July 27th!

Anyone up for a WoW at the Mall Cribbs Causeway this coming Wednesday 20 July. Let me know and Ill meet up 18:30

Chris

On detached duty until the 24th I'm afraid. Is anyone going to the Devizes show on the 24th? I'm hoping to be there with the kids.

Anyone in the vacinity of the Cribbs Causeway Mall Bristol up for a game this coming Wednesday 27 July?
    Let me know and Ill meet you for a game.
    This will be my last for a few weeks, on holiday in Devon starting Saturday and then I have a Royal Signals reunion at the end of August which will mean a bad head, not seen these chaps since 1978.
    Let me know gents

Sorry cant make it this Wednesday.
    Don

I'm afraid I'll be at Bristol Airport on my way to Edinburgh on Wednesday

kk Dave, say a hello to Rose street, many a bad head there

KK Don maybe soon, Im heading down your direction for my hols, however I am not being allowed to take my planes

Hi Chaps just to say that this coming Wednesday 17 Aug is the next Wings of War games night at the Mall Cribbs Causeway Bristol. Let me know if anyone interested in joining Dave & myself for a few games. Timing is 18:30 to 21:00 PM me and ill send you details of location.

I will have to get to one of these, its only an hour from me. Work depending is the biggest pain

Have managed to get a pass so all being well I will be there on Wednesday
    Don

good news Don, see you Wednesday

A good trio of games tonight, thanks to Dave, with Laura and Don really enjoyed it. Although myself with Don playing Central seemed to have some sort of attraction to the fire bug.
    Don is also going to have a word with his armourer, in each game, he managed to jam with his first shot.
    I tried out Hippert for his first flight, was doing fine until I managed to draw the dreaded boom card after being shot at by young Laura (sigh).
    Look forward to the next time.

Some pics from last night's game.

Laura's personal Sopwith Camel (based on R.L. Hollingsworth's 204 Sqn. aircraft)

This is my latest repaint (I was supposed to be doing an RNAS machine for my "Wings and Waves of War" game at the Gosport naval wargames show next week, but got distracted)

Laura's first game of the night saw her victorious, but in game #2 she acciedentslly flew off the table (although there is some suspicion that she just left poor old dad hanging out to dry in his DH.4 whilst she nipped home for tea and buns), and in game #3 she met her come-uppance. Note good use of flame and smoke markers

A good game last night very enjoyable although I seemed to have a bit of a Phoenix tendency of bursting into flames at the first hint of combat.
    Don

Great pics Dave.
    I will try to post up my KoTA with Dave from last night on the Forum later today if i get chance. There was rather a lot of fire and smoke in that one too.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Gaming in Avon UK
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 05:27