Ares Games

Thread: Photo's of RAFA Club Mountain Ash Games Night

Default Photo's of RAFA Club Mountain Ash Games Night

I've posted some photo's of our games night in my album and some of the pic's show the bomber base that Shaun (Khargor) has been working on. The bluetac was a design modification as he broke it as he giving us a demo

Before Shaun put's me on orders his bomber that we were using last night is not the finished article and there may even be a leaked photo of Project X for those going to Time of Aces in Jan.

Don't forget the deadline for buying tickets for Time of Aces, 15th Jan 2011, Firestorm Games is mid-day 25th December 2010. With at least 26 tickets sold so far it's going to be a fantastic day, so don't miss out on the fun.

Tickets can be ordered on line via www.firestormgames.co.uk just go to the events page.

Cheers, Aled

Nice Pics Aled - looks like you had a great game.

My one criticism is that that wasn't a lot of beer around the table, but then you are 'blue' not 'green'!!

Very impressive Aled. I have to get Somme of those tanks as soon as my finances recover after Christmas.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Very impressive Aled. I have to get Somme of those tanks as soon as my finances recover after Christmas.
    Rob.
    Awesome pictures Aled and outstanding models!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Can you give me the lowdown on the tanks Aled. Where did you get them and what scale are they? The only ones I have found are true 1/144 scale, and I was hoping for some in a smaller scale to give the impression of distance.
    Rob.

Default from ronald

nice pic! look's like the guy's are having fun! like the tank's to!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Can you give me the lowdown on the tanks Aled. Where did you get them and what scale are they? The only ones I have found are true 1/144 scale, and I was hoping for some in a smaller scale to give the impression of distance.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,
    The tanks in the pictures are Shaun's and I'm sure he'll pass the details on to to you. I've found some 1/160 and 5/6mm tanks on the web and have the details at work so will pick them up on Monday and forward them to you.

Cheers,
    Aled

Once again Thanks, Aled.
    Rob.

The MKIVs and A7V's are from Wargames South, although they tend to do a lot more WW2 tanks rather than WW1. The miniatures are pretty detailed but the rails where a bit of a pain to fiddle with and get in place. I also used Games Workshop Movement Tray sheets for the base and cut them to 40mmx60mm before sanding.

Although the tanks aren't quite finished yet they really added a sense of 3D to the missions and I kept them removable from the bases so flying stands could pass over them without problems which seemed to work fine.

As Aled has already said, I snapped one of the perspex plugs in the HPs stand because I twisted it in rather than pushed it so am just waiting for some micro-magnets to arrive and will try to magnetise the plane,stalk and base to see if this is a more rebust method. as they say, 'failure is just preparation for success' (but is still bleedin' annoying!)

Tanks for the info Shaun. What scale are these tanks please.
    Rob.

Oops, forgot to mention the scale - I believe they're 1:144 scale but they still look about right when put against WofW miniatures though it may be wiser to wait for the miniatures Aled is talking about as their scale could be closer to the true WofW scale, but I've not seen them yet.

Similar Missions

1. TC Mich League night
    By Mac in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 16:49
  2. Official Promortion Photo's ?
    By Zeewulf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 22:47
  3. A historical fact in any O Club
    By Volant Gun in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4