Ares Games

Thread: Gotha Hanger

Default Gotha Hanger

Hey guys, I'm starting to work on the layout for a Hanger for the Gotha. It looks like I will be able to fit 2 of them in one tray. Should I make it hold 2 or add a different bomber in the second slot?

I don't currently have another bomber to test, so that would slow the Hanger down. Just not sure how many Gotha minis you guys have out there? I only have the one Tony made for me, but I will be picking one of the official ones up when they come out... so that will give me two... which makes me lean towards the Hanger holding two.

Thoughts?

I think a hanger for both the Gotha and Caproni would be a better seller. When they are released I would expect them to be a bit pricey, like the balloons, and a lot of folks would only get one of each. That would be more space efficient in the Aerodrome bag.

Good point. I don't have a Caproni mini on hand to design the tray with though. Maybe I'll do a short run of the dual Gotha Hanger....

I agree with Coog. I am currently buying two of each plane in each series, so I would probably have two of each of the bombers as they are released (and from Skytrex as well, since I don't know how quickly the bombers will be produced and what models).

As far as foam goes, I have my planes two-by-two (i.e., two DR1, two Spad, etc -- so six models of three planes per foam), and each foam is either TE or CP; I don't separate by series or year. That being said, unless you were also going to make a stand-alone foam for the Caproni, I would rather have one of each model in the foam. So my vote is not to cut a stand-alone foam for the Gotha.

Cheers!

There will be a Caproni tray once that mini comes out.

Based on your Gotha, how tall will the bomber hangers be? I'm already planning for a second bag to handle the bombers, Series 5, and repaints for this year.

Ya know... I have not even gotten the money together yet for buying hangars... but by the time I do... with all the cool WoW goodies out there, I am going to have to get you guys to help me petition my health insurance company to buy me a heavier duty power wheelchair... so I can attach a mini u-Haul to the back for conventions and WoW events... either that or I am going to have to hire two good looking burly women to help carry all my WoW gear from the hotel rooms and back.

OMG I am so addicted to this hobby now... there is no turning back...

I have to agree that a Gotha/Caproni Hangar does make more sense... perhaps you could figure out a way to leave removable inserts in to make it work for either plane?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Two per tray. Any good mission should have a tandem team of aircraft, especially bombers. (Just think of how difficult it would be to get in close on two close flying Gothas with all of their arcs of fire!)

I will certainly be purchasing two (or more). Hangars for them would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like it will depend on the shape and size of the Caproni if I can get it and a Gotha in the same tray. The dual Gotha is a pretty tight fit with the maneuver decks and a slots for the control cards and stand...

Next I want to see the layout for the Straaken.

I have to have one of the minis to build the layout from. And since I don't build kits anymore, that could be a very long time

Hi Col, I too would go for one of these trays, preferably with two of same slots as shown.
    Would these be made to accomodate cards in sleeves too?
    As an aside any chance of some of your stands for the Gothas? Pretty please

The sleeves would fit same as they do in my other trays... tightly.

As for the stand for the Gotha...

Name:  gothapeak.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  174.1 KB

Those should be on sale in February once my acrylic production is back online.

Similar Missions

1. Anyone want to build me a Gotha?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 14:00
  2. Gotha 1/144 build
    By Wodin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 08:56
  3. Building the Gotha.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 37