Ares Games

Thread: Epic of Epic-Ness (another)

Default Epic of Epic-Ness (another)

What if we combined 2D ship pictures (top down), and WoW for a giant air-sea battle with 2 shores, 3 airfields on each shore and ships in the "channel" in between. We make up a new damage deck for the deck guns of ships and maneuver deck for them too. This way there can be an epic sea-air battle and all the rules from my post "Alternative Campaign". Just a random outburst that I felt like I should share. Gimme feed back, just seeing what the pros have to say about this.

Sounds like it could be great fun! I say run with it. Could be the makings of an extended campaign/alternate history sort of thing. As I stated in another post, this is one of the things I like about this game -- it lends itself to so much more than just dogfighting (which, don't get me wrong is great fun) that I do not think the game will ever get stale. Our group is running the Knights of the Air campaign, and two others in DoW: Carrier Battle and Battle of Britain. That being said, we love to mix it up from time to time. In fact I hope to run Guntruck's bombing mission against the German balloon hanger this week, just as a one-off. Cowman's King Kong scenario (I believe there is another in the FILES section) sounds like a hoot as well.

So run with it and let me know if you need any "real" input; I am no pro but I'll help where I can. I;ll look up your thread about an "Alternative Campaign." Nice to see such creative people on this forum.

Cheers!

I've had something similar bouncing around in my head for DoW for a long time now. More along the lines of a campaign though.

Love the idea of bringing a sea-air battle into the mix.

I like it. I've tried to involve ships in some of my scenarios, but I was never able to do it. Doesn't mean you can't though. Go for it!

Hunter

Similar Missions

1. Epic Fight Over the Fronts
    By Hamburger in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 04:42