Ares Games

Thread: My dream PC game

Default My dream PC game

A WW1 WEGO 3D air warfare game where you are a squadron commander....with a similar battle engine and mechanics as DarkWind (have options on which planes you want the AI to control if any) but with a Z axis.....In darkwind you have a screen in the left hand corner which is your dashboard (the rest of the screen is a 3d view of the track and your car and opponents etc), you turn the steering wheel or adjust the speed on the speedometer you then see a ghost of your car which is a rough estimate of where it will end up depending on speed and skill of driver., replace with a cockpit, add rudders and throttle...add a very in depth RPG element and management of pilots\mechanics\flight leaders and plane resources...also all types of missions sent by HQ, aswell as moving front lines and historical land battles on the operations map which dictate the missions your set and have special events i.e during a massive Arty bombardment there will be a chance your Arty spotter is hit by an Arty shell in flight etc...squadron relocation....a very detailed battle damage report (similar to DarkWind, all manner of death and damage comes up in a pop up when your car has been hit, this is then reflected on how well your car drives as it has a great physics engine, you click on the car you want to target when your plotting your move, then when your finished the turn plays out in a 5 second burst) and realistic Flight models....pilots game experience and skills which translate into how well they will perform the maneuvers you set them (same as DarkWind)...finally the war from mid 1915 to 1918 be covered with new planes coming available based on real time frame (though you may not be issued them and be stuck for awhile with out dated planes)....both sides playable....oh and historical pilot plane skins and a modding programme to create new ones.

Please pass comment or say whether you like the idea or not...

You kind of lost me at WEGO... but if means I get to fly and/or control a squad of SE.5a or Camels...in 3d.... then count me in!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Hey Jason thats some imagination you have there, brilliant! I hope someone picks up on the concept and runs with it.
    I would settle for a network version of wow WWI. It would have a comprehensive firing and damage model so that the area and part of the plane that was under fire would be considered. The higher the percentage of plane that fellwithin the angle and range, the higher the chance of a hit. As a keen Warhammer fan I would certainly introduce numerous dice options both graphical as well as numeric. Any game would have to be simple enough to pick up quickly yet deep enough to appeal longer term.

Keep well mate

Needles

Will it be ready for next Christmas?

WEGO means all moves are plotted then when you press finished they all play out at the same time...rather than turn based...

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me Jason, suggest you commission a software company to bring it to fruition old bean...

I would buy it for sure.

Lucky.

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. New game by GMT
    By Wodin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 16:19
  3. First game...
    By Covalima in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 13:29