I have been painting up a number of Skytrex Action 200 World War 2 Models.

I have said a few negative things on here in regards to Skytrex WW2planes. I just thought I would throw it out there see if anyone else had these problems and can try to make the last 4 of six a bit easier.

First of the flashing was excessive but I was able to get that cleaned off with relatively little problem. Plenty of pits in the mold so I filled all that with green stuff.

Second I base coated the model with the primary colour. (I have played and painted miniatures for almost 15 years.) Painted the model. While painting the model I would have large pieces of paint basically peel off.

I don't wash or highlight any more but use the dip method. So when I got all the colours in the right place I dipped and will drybrush over the heavier areas of shading dip and see if my beaufighter is salvagable and I can make it look half decent.

The onyl thing I did not do was wash the model in warm soapy water like I would for a plastic or Resin model. I have never had this issue with a metal model..

Any one want to help me cry into my beer or offer up pointers? Does Skytrex use a different metal than most others? I don't understand it.

Well that is my rant