Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for sick parade

Default Reporting for sick parade

Looks like I've got the seasonal lurgy and feel like cr.......

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

I had something like that last week so understand how you feel. Speedy recovery!

My friend I would not wish the winter crud on even my worst enemy... I would rather have appendicitis than the common cold! I do hope you recover quickly! Lots of rest and lots of fluids... (lets avoid the brake fluid for now though!) Take care of yourself, the 'Drome would not be the same without you around as much!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Common cold? Man-flu, surely
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I'm battling a cold myself, but thanks to some wonderful things called zinc lozenges, my symptoms are not nearly as bad as they could be and it seems to be running it's course quicker. I'm actually able to stay functional through it all. Cold medecine for the congestion doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Goering Ace View Post
    I'm battling a cold myself, but thanks to some wonderful things called zinc lozenges, my symptoms are not nearly as bad as they could be and it seems to be running it's course quicker. I'm actually able to stay functional through it all. Cold medecine for the congestion doesn't hurt either.
    I'll second that on zinc lozenges. That and vitamin C used to clear up my colds in a day or two.

Nowadays I have COPD - chronic bronchitus. If I got a chest cold, I'm not sure that I'd notice the difference. In fact, I may have one right now (where did I put that zinc?)

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    In fact, I may have one right now (where did I put that zinc?)
    LOL!! You're cracking me up!

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    I'll second that on zinc lozenges. That and vitamin C used to clear up my colds in a day or two.

Nowadays I have COPD - chronic bronchitus. If I got a chest cold, I'm not sure that I'd notice the difference. In fact, I may have one right now (where did I put that zinc?)
    Maybe you should think about moving out of the snow belt... I hear Arizona is nice this time of year... you know... "Its a dry heat!"

I'll email you some Walbourne... tastes a lot better than those nasty 'ol zinc lozenges!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Maybe you should think about moving out of the snow belt... I hear Arizona is nice this time of year... you know... "Its a dry heat!"
    Actually, the area where I live, in the Maumee river valley in NW Ohio, once was known as "the great black swamp." Its considered to be about the worst place for people with breathing problems to live. But we do...
    Last edited by tuladin; 12-13-2010 at 10:31.

I knew you should have worn silk under your flying jacket old chap. Get well soon, and take a bottle to bed with you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Looks like I've got the seasonal lurgy and feel like cr.......
    :(
    He's got the Lurgi! Help! Run for your lives! Lurgiiiii!

[Orchestra: Dramatic Link, Followed By Harps Again]

[FX: Tapping On Metallic Dustbin]

:)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    He's got the Lurgi! Help! Run for your lives! Lurgiiiii!

[Orchestra: Dramatic Link, Followed By Harps Again]

[FX: Tapping On Metallic Dustbin]

That's just wrong.... funny... but wrong...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Get well.... I just shook the flu myself.

Get well Tony. My wife won't let me get sick. Just the kids and her. She said its an order.

Tom