Ares Games

Thread: The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed

Users Country Flag

Name
    Desaix
    Sorties Flown

Default The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed

I have put together all the components in the WoW WWI products in a single geeklist, you can fidn it here:

www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46627

(Ps: I cannot post in announcement section, so I post this here)

Desaix, you should place that in an Excel sheet or PDF and upload it to the File System here on this site.

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

i like the list...it was helpful in finding out what pilots are available in which booster....

Thanks, good to know what is in which booster. Allthough I only play with miniatures when it comes to WW1.

Does anybody have a similar list for the WW2 boosters?

great job. awesome work and very handy to know what I am missing from the series.

Cheers
    GW

I'm hoping to have the Excel file with all this information done this week. I've got all the data entered, just need to format the rest of it and maybe add hyperlinks to photos/ordering location for them.

Very useful list: now I can plan how to squander my money

Ah...nice to see that the list on BGG got updated...thanks for the re-opener here.

I've attached a Word file that I did in September that has everything issued to that point with photos. I have Acrobat 10 on order, so couldn't convert to pdf yet; however, some pilots that have Word may prefer this format as you can add the new set easily. I plan to do so if they ever get out to the Midwest!
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by skystalker View Post
    I've attached a Word file that I did in September that has everything issued to that point with photos. I have Acrobat 10 on order, so couldn't convert to pdf yet; however, some pilots that have Word may prefer this format as you can add the new set easily. I plan to do so if they ever get out to the Midwest!
    If you download Open Office (at www.openoffice.org) you can open your word file in that, and then press the PDF button at the top, and save your document as a PDF.

Open Office is a free download.

Quote Originally Posted by skystalker View Post
    Nicely done Bob!

Looks like you have everything there except the two Deluxe Sets? I will have to print off a few copies of that to have on hand for new players as I find them!

You have saved most of us a lot of work! Thx! (Look for some digital brownies in your inbox soon!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

The list is good...but I prefer MS-Excel format...easier to sort, etc. Maybe over the holidays I can work something up

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    If you download Open Office (at www.openoffice.org) you can open your word file in that, and then press the PDF button at the top, and save your document as a PDF.

Open Office is a free download.
    +1--I love OpenOffice, have used it for almost a decade now.

Triple sorting-criteria in its Spreadsheet editor rocks, as well...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Nicely done Bob! as I am new to WoW this is a greta reference list, thanks.

Lucky.

Great list! Thanks alot Bob.

Items 1, 2, 3, and 8 need to have "1 rulebook" added (or is that just a given?).

Larry.....sorry as I guess I forgot about the rulebooks I'll get them added once I get the new set and repost. And glad you enjoyed the listing; also please lmk of any other errors and/or omissions. Once I get this all cleaned up, I'll post as a pdf as well.

Default RDS Update

Here is a pdf update of a complete lisitng of all products to date. It also includes an appendix with all the photos of the series minis (except I posted the RDS ones with the set listing as they aren't really a series?). Please let me know of any corrections and I'll get them made to the original file. This can serve as a reference until the Col. gets the Excel file done, as I always enjoy that as well but am not very handy with Excel.
    Attached Files

Bob,

Thanks for up-updating this list! Hopefully it will need to be updated again, soon! Updated for the Series V of course...

Longstrider

This is great, and as someone new to the game I also found it really handy.

Thanks for the update Bob. It is always very useful for the new members to see what they need, and to save time on a lot of explaining.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Glad to do it, as I try to keep this up to date for my own use anyhow. It is a small contribution for all the great files that others have done on this site that I have downloaded. One of these days I'll figure out how to do some decent custom cards and will get them posted too! :-) Happy New Year to all! Bob

Hi Bob,
    Great effort and a very handy tool for the rest of us addicts. Happy New Year to you too.
    Cheers Aled

I know this is an old thread, but that LIST was amazing.

Is there an UPDATED CURRENT VERSION??

See my signature. They're both Work in Progress, though.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Ah, thanks!

Greatly appreciated!!

As noted, they are Work in Progress--they should have everything listed, but I'm working on indexing, cross-referencing and adding historical data. When I'm done you should be able to sort by unit, by pilot... eventually my goal is to pin down the exact dates each specific miniature is appropriate for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewyzard View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but that LIST was amazing.

Is there an UPDATED CURRENT VERSION??
    Yes there is Art - Bob is very good at keeping it up to date - it's here in the files section
    If you go and look in the WW1 General Discussion sub forum you will find a number of sticky threads regarding the aircraft and models that you may also find useful.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yes there is Art - Bob is very good at keeping it up to date - it's here in the files section
    If you go and look in the WW1 General Discussion sub forum you will find a number of sticky threads regarding the aircraft and models that you may also find useful.
    Thanks for the reply and pointing me to the thread. So greatly appreciated!

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. WGF: Wings of War series 5 miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 17:24
  3. WGF: Series 4 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 308