Ares Games

Thread: Taking the game into the Aether

Ericdagamer

Default Taking the game into the Aether

Some of the boys around here are Crimson Skies fans and are interested in re-basing the old metals or the wizkids plastics and using the DoW rules with them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I thought about this a while back. Personally I would use the WoW 3 card movement system to give it that steampunk feel (sorta advanced obsolescence) but use the DoW maneuver cards for the speed changing aspect. The DoW damage system would also allow for the various weapon types. Your plane cards are going to be intresting since if I recall some of the fighters had multipul swivel mounts on them. It sounds like fun, let us know what you come up with, I would be intrested.

Are you talking about just changing the movement aspect of the game and using the FASA rules for weapons or would you change those as well? I liked the simplicity of the combat in the Wizkids version, but thought the movement was a bit clunky... I have never played the FASA version. I have a complete (with all LE's) set of the Wizkids planes... it is one of the only things I kept from my years as a volunteer for them. I would be hesitant to debase them... ( I just sentimental about some stuff... the Mage knight figues I used as firestarters for the fireplace...)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

There is another thread about this with a little more info in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Are you talking about just changing the movement aspect of the game and using the FASA rules for weapons or would you change those as well? I liked the simplicity of the combat in the Wizkids version, but thought the movement was a bit clunky... I have never played the FASA version. I have a complete (with all LE's) set of the Wizkids planes... it is one of the only things I kept from my years as a volunteer for them. I would be hesitant to debase them... ( I just sentimental about some stuff... the Mage knight figues I used as firestarters for the fireplace...)
    Ack !! I still have my Mageknight figures still sorted by faction oin containers. Ditto with my crimson skies...I was a volunteer too.

At least Im not alone in having been a volunteer for the clix stuff. I was KevinC7 with them. Before you melt any more mage knight shtuff, I need a couple of crushers for a Blood Bowl team!

Ericdagamer

Kevin,

I was a volunteer for most of there games, MK, MW, HC, HrC. Name was Dread0395.

Still love Horror Clix and MK Dungeon.

-

Yeah I did playtesting for MWDA and HC. Got booted when I got shafted on a big Demo at Superman Days in Metropolis, IL a few years ago.

It would not surprise me at all if many more of the members here were at one time volunteers for Wizkids or even other game companies... I was also a volunteer for Bandai and moderated and answered all rules questions on their old Navia Drapt website...

... but Eric you did not answer my question... Are you talking about just changing the movement aspect of the game and using the FASA rules for weapons or would you change those as well?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ericdagamer

Ken,

I wanna do a full conversion to WoW/DoW. I'm working on plane stats and wanna find some info on the airships of the universe.

-eric

I am curious as to how you are thinking of dealing with all of the diverse weapon types and classes... and their spread of ranges as well? Seems like you would end up having twice as many different damage decks as you do maneuver decks...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Eric you might want to peruse this thread:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-Crimson-Skies

I came across it while searching for something else.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. New game by GMT
    By Wodin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 16:19
  3. Taking Down Bombers
    By Hamburger in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 13:27
  4. First game...