Ares Games

Thread: Help cards for JU88 and JU 52

Default Help cards for JU88 and JU 52

Yep need cards and movement packs for these 2 as well. I know you have some 88s Neil and I used a 52 in one of my games at Doncaster in 2015 which was yours i believe.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I thought that there were some in the Files section, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Yep need cards and movement packs for these 2 as well. I know you have some 88s Neil and I used a 52 in one of my games at Doncaster in 2015 which was yours i believe.
    Too vague for assistance, Paul.

Although, these might help:

OldGuy59's WWII Axis Bombers & Heavy Fighters Album

OldGuy59's WWII German Transports Album

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I thought that there were some in the Files section, Paul.
    Sorry, David. I haven't put all my junk in the Files section. Still working on some of them...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

What I could do with Mike is a card for a generic JU 52 and a JU 88G

Paul I dont think the stats committee have come up with stats for the G variant, not having checked it against the others I don't know for sure the deck it would use.

JU52's seem to use the N (Zb) deck.
    See you on the Dark Side......

The Ju.88G heavy fighter uses the H deck (P-40).
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

What I could do with Mike is a card for a generic JU 52 and a JU 88G
    Paul. Again, waayyy to vague. You need to be very precise in your request. I can't help you with either, because there are too many version of each plane. What is generic about either? The Ju.52 had at least 6 versions and way too many sub-versions to count. How many guns or crew did you have in mind, if any? The cards in my album could be used without guns, if that is your choice. Just put incapacitated crew markers on the management card for any missing guns/crew.

The Ju.88 G series had eight versions, and multiple sub-versions. The G-6 Nightfighter had, at least, three different radar installations, all were different enough that I would need a separate drawing for each.

Sorry, there isn't anything like a 'generic' card possible.

www.wardrawings.be - Ju.88 G-6
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Interesting Mike; I had never seen a German NF with a shrouded antenna before. (number 4)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AN_G_4408_Fire_Ju88A4_W.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	230726

http://legendsintheirowntime.com - Ju88

So, my rear upper arcs on the A-4 (Late) card are too wide?

Also, this:

Early Ju.88 with the single gun to the rear, but two guns to the side of the rear cockpit:

Name:	AN_G_4408_Fire_Ju88A1_W.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	230727
    All the rear upper guns were operated by the Radioman.
    Mike

It looks like it from this diagram. I took most of my firing arcs from the Fighting Wings games, due to my confidence in the level of research JD did.
    So this looks like the dorsal guns are 4-7 O'clock and 5-8 O'clock. One issue I have with the A-1 is that I've not seen one with 3 dorsal guns. Also, since the radio man uses both/ all three, a combined firing are might be less confusing.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    It looks like it from this diagram. I took most of my firing arcs from the Fighting Wings games, due to my confidence in the level of research JD did.
    So this looks like the dorsal guns are 4-7 O'clock and 5-8 O'clock. One issue I have with the A-1 is that I've not seen one with 3 dorsal guns. Also, since the radio man uses both/ all three, a combined firing are might be less confusing.
    Karl
    I also found this:

Name:	20sf8up.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	230751

Note that it indicates "optional" gun positions. I think the 'combined firing arc' is a good simplification, as the same person mans all the guns, and could easily switch between weapons in a phase. Thankfully, for the gondola positions indicated, most of them are "A" damage, regardless of single or twin mountings.

PS: I can not find any decent Ju.88 G series drawings for producing cards, of any version or radar installation. This is a problem.
    Mike

Sorry to mess you about mike but re the JU 52 The model I have looks to be a 52/3m g 4e

Cards are done for that 1. Same as mine you used at Donnie Paul. Just depends on colour scheme I suppose.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I went through the 6,000 book Aviation Library at the Comox Air Force Museum today, and there were several books on the Ju.88. Lots of profiles and colour schemes, but very few plan vue drawings. However, perserverance paid off with one G-6 drawing.

Here's my attempt at a Shrage Musik plane:

Name:	WGS-Ju88_G6_IVNJG3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	230780

With only two crew, there shouldn't be a need for a management card.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 08-24-2017 at 08:26.
    Mike

Thanks for that Mike Thats some library resources you have there.

Thanks for that Mike Thats some library resources you have there.
    It is a means of storing books, without taking up space at home. It is not as complete as I would like, being mostly accumulated through donations. There are big gaps in certain areas, and for plan drawings, almost nothing for some aircraft.

That being said, I am getting better at finding things. A gentleman from New Zealand was in yesterday, looking for any information on gun turrets. I stumbled upon a nice drawing of exactly the mark of turret he was interested in, by accident. He really needs a technical parts manual, with exploded diagrams, but that is likely to be a bit difficult to find this many years after they past out of use. I suggested the Bomber Museum in Nanton, Alberta ( Link: www.bombercommandmuseum.ca).
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    PS: I can not find any decent Ju.88 G series drawings for producing cards, of any version or radar installation. This is a problem.
    I've got a plan view of a late series G-1. PM me your email addy if you want it Mike.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. National JU88
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 02:49
  2. National JU88
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 12:09
  3. JU88 Manoeuvre Cards
    By Rebel in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 36