Ares Games

Thread: Morning BoB Briefing

Default Morning BoB Briefing

This has been a fun way to wake the little grey cells . . .

Ten minutes a morning watching a bit of the movie, reminds me of how interesting the He-111 is. Asymmetric fuselage from top view, glazed nose with the instruments on an overhead position, lots of great inside shots of crew stations and actions, even the crazy tail first vertical bomb bay storage similar to the Zeppelin design. Makes me want to get the minis out and do a game . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Ten minutes a morning watching a bit of the movie, reminds me of how interesting the He-111 is. Asymmetric fuselage from top view, glazed nose with the instruments on an overhead position, lots of great inside shots of crew stations and actions, even the crazy tail first vertical bomb bay storage similar to the Zeppelin design. Makes me want to get the minis out and do a game . . .
    The tail-down bomb storage wasn't *that* crazy -- picture the bombs being stored nose-down, and one or more of them slipping loose while taxiing....

Personally, I've always felt the step-nose -111s were better-looking than the better-known version.

I try to catch it when it is on even though I have the movie. My other favorite is 12 O'clock High.

I think that I would have difficulty rationing myself to only ten minutes per day, David.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I think that I would have difficulty rationing myself to only ten minutes per day, David.
    Impossible - entire film, every time!

I try to limit myself to twice a year (but the CD Soundtrack in the car:- as many times as i like!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I have the same edition, great film. I usually have Battle of Britain, Blue Max or Wings in or on the DVD player for those spare 10 minute windows.

Thumbs up

I too watch BoB at least 2 or 3 times a year & dip into an episode of Wings from time to time when I need a WW1 fix.
    The Errol Flynn/David Niven "Dawn Patrol" gets an airing along with Blue Max & Aces High from time to time as well.

Similar Missions

1. 0430 Briefing: The Hunt Begins
    By Setarius in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 16:58
  2. Prelude: First briefing
    By Setarius in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 15:55
  3. BRF The Final Month Mission 7: The Hunter in the Skies! 2.0 (Briefing)
    By Marechallannes in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 00:55
  4. BRF Over the trenches, mission5. The final months. Briefing.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 04:48
  5. Harass the Japs! Part One. Mission Briefing!
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 04:15