Ares Games

Thread: Deluxe Edition

Default Deluxe Edition

We finally got the three editions of the WWI Deluxe! To bad the boys have to wait for X-mas to open them! muahahah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledor View Post
    We finally got the three editions of the WWI Deluxe! To bad the boys have to wait for X-mas to open them! muahahah!!!
    I called my FLGS earlier today... mine is in as well. WOOOT! Just have to get over to pick it up! (I will not be witing 'til Christmas to open it though.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Mine has shipped so I will have next Friday! Woohoo!

Great!! Oh my copy is opened... theirs are not... heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledor View Post
    The Lt. Col., SWMBO, braved a winter storm watch with 2" of snow (and still falling) this morning to pick mine up...it looks great; no broken pieces and is in ENGLISH ...Oh, and I gave her a nice medal of course...Pour Le Merite was fitting.

Ed, you picked up 3 copies of the Deluxe set???!!!
    Last edited by MayorJim; 12-04-2010 at 10:32. Reason: math error

Red face Er...3 sets is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    The Lt. Col., SWMBO, braved a winter storm watch with 2" of snow (and still falling) this morning to pick mine up...it looks great; no broken pieces and is in ENGLISH ...Oh, and I gave her a nice medal of course...Pour Le Merite was fitting.

ER, would this be a bad time to say I got 5 sets
    Well, when are we going to see a triplane again for less than $100 on EBay? I didn't have any. Spads can get repainted to other Americans; D Vas mean I can field most of a Jasta, and Camels...well so I have a lot of camels (still can't figure out how I got 6 Snipes)

Besides, now everyone in the room can have their own rules
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

[QUOTE=Jager;38509]Well, when are we going to see a triplane again for less than $100 on EBay? QUOTE]

This was online today; 1353 hours central standard time 5 Dec 2010

2 items found from eBay international sellers
    Wings of War Miniatures Series 1 Fokker DR I (Kempf)

Store: Celestial Games and B...
    Seller User ID: celestialgames
    +$12.34 shipping Listed:Aug-25 09:53
    Wings of War Miniatures Series 1 Fokker DR I (Rahn)

Store: Celestial Games and B...
    Seller User ID: celestialgames
    +$12.34 shipping Listed:Aug-25 09:53
    Last edited by wargamer; 12-05-2010 at 11:54. Reason: clarification

Heck, IIRC an LGS still has Dr.I's on the shelf... they're MSRP + 9.3% (local sales-tax), but I'll act as middleman and procure and ship for cost plus around $4 per single or pair anywhere in the US with Delivery Confirmation.

And there are still a few around various vendors' sites... Won't ID in deference to our sponsors, but I'm building a "Prices" spreadsheet and considering putting it and several other things onto Google Docs for the community.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 12-05-2010 at 14:35.

Red face Found to be wrong

OK, so I didn't surf enough. Still glad to give my FLGS business, and was still worth it
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Yep...gotta keep those FLGS's in business...I know I can get a "deal" oftentimes by purchasing online...but then I wouldn't have my FLGS around for much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    ER, would this be a bad time to say I got 5 sets
    Well, when are we going to see a triplane again for less than $100 on EBay? I didn't have any. Spads can get repainted to other Americans; D Vas mean I can field most of a Jasta, and Camels...well so I have a lot of camels (still can't figure out how I got 6 Snipes)

Besides, now everyone in the room can have their own rules
    Not to mention that you now have tons of extra A and B damage decks! I say good for you! And I would be willing to trade some planes for a couple of those snipes if you want!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Update: my LGS no longer has Dr.I's, Ed2 and a few others pinged 'em. Seen a few up on various vendor sites... this is making me glad I completed the Dreideckers first.

Yes I picked up 3 copies! Well, I preordered 3 that is...

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Revised Deluxe Edition
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:51
  2. Wings of War League Rules, Master Edition
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:59
  3. WWII Deluxe Edition
    By podette in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2