Ares Games

Thread: TALLY HO!

Default TALLY HO!

Good news old bean! Long time SoG player here, I have finally taken the plunge and grabbed myself a pair of kites in a WW1 duel set and am looking forward to taking them to heaven and back. WOOF!
    I have seen that there are lots of WoG planes to try out and various WoW planes and balloons too, are all the WoW items compatible with WoG? I remember playing Red Baron on my PC back in the early 90's and really enjoying balloon busting!
    I'm off to get tips from the noble Squadron commander the Lord Flashheart. Toodle pip!

Welcome to the sky young fellow me lad! Glad to have you with us. Early "WoW" planes are perfectly compatible with the WoG aircraft. Same designer, different manufacturer, that's all. You'll find out more as you go along! Obtaining the aircraft, now that's another matter. Lots still available, but not all. However, if you survive the flack and .303 in rounds long enough and are patient, those that are difficult to find may well be re-printed in the future. Failing that, a visit to the "Shapeways" website will clear your bank account for you. Don't forget to keep a bit back for paints, brushes, decals and so forth The slippery slope is before you - hold tight

Welcome to the Drome Steven from up here in West Yorkshire. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Hi Steven, welcome to the 'Drome!

If there are any planes in particular that you are after, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do - I have a few sources I can investigate!

Glad to see you've made a successful break away from "That Other Game".......................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks for the welcome guys!
    I may accept your offer Tim, I must eventually have a balloon or two!

Hi Steven, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'drome Steven from the other half of the county ! I'm sure you'll find plenty to spend your money on, if you're heading for Colours at Newbury this year come and find us for a game or two.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

welcome to the drome Steven!!!! congrats on shaking the brine off your boots and trading it for wind in your hair!

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Cape Cod. A duel set is barely dipping your toe into the water...once you do fall in get ready to surrender to the slippery slope and enjoy the slide down to where many of us reside.

Welcome, Steve. From an island on the other side of the world.

Enjoy. And post After Action Reports.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome from South Australia. I am sure you will enjoy having wings.

Best not mention that S word too loudly as some folk here seem to have taken umbrage to that game.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Steven, from here near Norwich.

Good to have you on the Drome Steven.
    I have sent you a PM about registeration as we seem to be having a problem with the automated notifications.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Does anyone know of a place in the UK where I can purchase fire and smoke markers? Cheers all!

Try Aerodrome Store (Link at top of page), RedVectors or LITKO.

And if you fancy a weekend of SoG and WoG come to Doncaster for our annual weekend bash 15,16,17th September South Yorks Air Museum Doncaster.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Cheers for the offer, sadly it's a long way out of the way for me at this time. Hope you all have a blast.

Does anyone know if there is a points value list for WW1 aircraft? I have found the WW2 list.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 07:51
  2. Illinois: Tally Ho!!!! First Contact Made
    By Slamdunk in forum US Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 16:06