Ares Games

Thread: Beasts of War Coverage of the BoB set

Default Beasts of War Coverage of the BoB set

The Beasts of War is well known in the 40K community. Their subscribers number more than 65,000 people who may otherwise be unaware of the joys of Wings of Glory:

Wings of Glory Unboxing: Battle of Britain Starter Set

I used the opportunity to mention the point system because 40K players like their lists based on points and equipment upgrades (see WGS abilities). I also commented on their post of the video on BGG with more of a focus on the strength of the game's player skill focus over the special ability ridden X-wing.

If you have the appropriate account please consider chiming in or thumbing to support the positive press.

Hopefully it'll gain some traction but, around here at least, the WH40K and Bolt Action players seem much more interested in the upcoming Blood Red Skies than they are in Wings of Glory. I've got them to play Wings a few times and they enjoyed it, but only a few bought in. BRS has a leg up with that crowd as it's released by a company that makes a lot of stuff for bolt action and it's been designed by a guy who was heavily involved with WH40K. At least the model scale is the same so perhaps it'll still lead to an increase in WoG mini sales for those who don't want to paint their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    Hopefully it'll gain some traction but, around here at least, the WH40K and Bolt Action players seem much more interested in the upcoming Blood Red Skies than they are in Wings of Glory. At least the model scale is the same so perhaps it'll still lead to an increase in WoG mini sales for those who don't want to paint their own.
    Looking at the miniatures they are nowhere near the quality of Wings of Glory so I suspect you may be right.

I looked at the BRS site and FB page. The way the pricing is done basically fleeces you for hand picking planes unless you go all in at $300. I can smell the Games Workshop pedigree all over that. What Ares has going for it is better quality models that include propellers and clear, rather than painted glass. However, that only goes so far if they continue the slow trickle of releases and do not plan to do more than one per year, and on top of that, limit the releases to a single theater for two consecutive years they will lose their potential audience to the more aggressive release schedule and Hammer time marketing of the competition.

Similar Missions

1. Beasts of the Chase
    By Omegalazarus in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 01:30
  2. Beasts of War: Nieuport 23
    By postal_bob in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 06:35
  3. Beasts of war coverage for wings of war
    By waster1 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4