Ares Games

Thread: Historicon 2017 buys

Default Historicon 2017 buys

Bought 19 aircraft for 80 USD which included a SE5A, Pfalz D.III, and 2 two seaters and bought another for D.III for 8 USD. I gave my friend the SE5a.

Ares was there, offering buy two and get one free.

I had a great flea market. Sold the lots of stuff I did not use but, bought some additional 15mm French and Indian War minis and 15mm Taiping Rebellion.

I was not feeling to well and left the con earlier Saturday than planned. Looking back I should have bought more stuff.

Overall, I was thinking this might be my last Historicon, rethinking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    Bought 19 aircraft for 80 USD which included a SE5A, Pfalz D.III, and 2 two seaters and bought another for D.III for 8 USD. I gave my friend the SE5a.

Ares was there, offering buy two and get one free.

I had a great flea market. Sold the lots of stuff I did not use but, bought some additional 15mm French and Indian War minis and 15mm Taiping Rebellion.

I was not feeling to well and left the con earlier Saturday than planned. Looking back I should have bought more stuff.

Overall, I was thinking this might be my last Historicon, rethinking it now.
    Great value John, well done.

Score!

Well done on your scoop!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thumbs up

Sounds like you made a "killing" there John. Well Done!

You bought some real bargains there, John. Well done!

Result - top shopping John !

"He is wise who watches"

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Great scoop John. You must have beat my friend down there that I had looking for planes for me. He said there weren't any he could find.

John I was there on Thursday and looked for you. If it wasn't for that big WINGS OF GLORY sign I would have missed them back in the corner. When I talked with the young lady she said someone bought all 8 B-17's first thing that morning. I didn't go crazy and only bought 2 KI 61's and a KI 84 as the free one. Don't know if you are into this period but OLD GLORY has a new 15mm BOXER REBELLION line. If you make it to COLD WARS I will see you there. I am sure Peter (TEATICKET) will run a WWI and WWII game. WWII might have some B-24's in it. Hope you are feeling better. Will you be at the Bi Planes & Tri Planes in OCT at the MAM ? If so see you then.

I hope Ares reloads in time for BGG in Dallas for November.
    You did FANTASTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    John I was there on Thursday and looked for you. If it wasn't for that big WINGS OF GLORY sign I would have missed them back in the corner. When I talked with the young lady she said someone bought all 8 B-17's first thing that morning. I didn't go crazy and only bought 2 KI 61's and a KI 84 as the free one. Don't know if you are into this period but OLD GLORY has a new 15mm BOXER REBELLION line. If you make it to COLD WARS I will see you there. I am sure Peter (TEATICKET) will run a WWI and WWII game. WWII might have some B-24's in it. Hope you are feeling better. Will you be at the Bi Planes & Tri Planes in OCT at the MAM ? If so see you then.
    I already have nearly 750 boxers use them for the Taiping Rebellion. Bought some OG Chinese buildings, joined the OG army so I will be buying more buildings. See you in Oct.

OG Army is a good deal. I joined last year and it paid for itself the first time I used it. Looks like a large buy at FALL IN this year.

Similar Missions

1. Historicon 2017
    By miscmini in forum Miscmini's Hangar
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-26-2018, 17:16
  2. HISTORICON
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2016, 11:34
  3. HISTORICON
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3