Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotions board.

For Mark [Baron Rolf]:

Name:  BaseSigFile_BrnRolf Shropsh-FL1.png
Views: 447
Size:  166.3 KB

Ltn. Werner Steinhauser’s aircraft from Jasta 11 (Note: This color scheme is usually yellow on red for the fuselage band and empanage. Altered to match the avatar).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Been awol for a few days so just catching up. Firstly - congrats to Mark - "Well done the Baron" Mines a pint or three

Secondly, I didn't even realize we had to have a banner now - that's nice Thanks to Mike for the work he's doing - is there anything you from me for it?. Anyway, cheers Mark. The blue dot appears in Devon ok BUT
    Devon is showing up in Wales on Google Earth. Is that correct?
    You're treading on dodgy ground there my friend - a bit like saying Canada is part of that other place to the south Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Been awol for a few days so just catching up. Firstly - congrats to Mark - "Well done the Baron" Mines a pint or three

Secondly, I didn't even realize we had to have a banner now - that's nice Thanks to Mike for the work he's doing - is there anything you from me for it?. Anyway, cheers Mark. The blue dot appears in Devon ok BUT You're treading on dodgy ground there my friend - a bit like saying Canada is part of that other place to the south Mike
    Mike,
    You were already a Flight Leader, but now a Flight Leader. Not sure 'Congrats' are in order. Might be more work? Did you move?

Geography and Politics are not my forté, even in Canada. Although, it is interesting to see there are sensitivities about neighbours and locations in the U.K. (not so united?) My problem is that I actually thought that the South Penisula was Wales, not the West protrusion above the Bristol Channel. My bad!

That might have been the confusion that resulted in visiting Bath many years ago, and seeing the 'Owen Owen" department store, and thinking I was near Wales (like very near, a couple of miles. Not like a Canadian near, a couple hundred miles Example: Comox to Victoria = Doncaster to London? Would someone in Britain consider that a day trip?). Still my bad.

As far as I know, but don't quote me, no-one on the Forum has to have a banner. I think that if you are in a position on the Forum, there should be a way of acknowledging that. So, I do up banners for those that are promoting the game in more than occassional open games. I suspect that you have put in some dues to be recognized by the other members of the Forum, and a banner is a small token of recognition on my part of all your efforts.

Please don't feel pressured into having to subscribe, if you are not inclined. I get a bit of ribbing from others that I'm in cahoots with Oberst Hajj to increase the subscription rates, but it isn't true! Honest. I haven't gotten any kick-backs from him. Not even a reduced subscription rate.

Anyway, I am more than willing to adjust the banner in any way you'd like, that would reflect credit on your position, the U.K. Wing, and the Forum. Especially if I've made a faux pas. Please advise.

Thank you for your effort in sharing the passion that is Wings of Glory!

PS: Darn. It was Simon [Maverick] that moved, not Mike [mikeemagnus]. Getting old and easily confused. And not just about geography.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-17-2017 at 09:23.
    Mike

Hey Mike,
    Good to hear from you. I think what you are doing is really fantastic. Not just the banners, but all the pilot / plane cards I've seen you post from time to time too. Great work indeed. And of course I'd like to subscribe, although I have no idea what the process is. I'd love a banner and I'm quite happy to up my subs if that is what is needed, although, if I remember correctly, I am a "Gold" member already, or something akin to that, whatever its called. So grateful you fill me in on what I need to do next, then, yes, please go ahead and do the banner. Whatever you think is fitting I'm sure you know a lot more about it than I do!

As for being geographically challenged - I know the feeling. My comment was really only tongue in cheek - or just plain cheeky. I have a bit of a raw sence of humour I'm afraid. To be truthful, I have no more knowledge of Canada than you do of the UK, although I suspect you know more than I do! I've only been to your fair country once. A couple of years back. I have a son living and working in Vancouver BC. He's just been granted his permanent residency so I doubt we'll see him back here again too soon (sensible lad). So, hopefully, my geographical knowledge of Canada will grow over the next few years as we visit him from time to time (If the mountain won't come to Muhammed and all that .......). As to the sensitivity between neighbours over here. Just go into a pub in Glasgow, next time you just happen to be passing, and suggest they are located in England. Then run like hell No, sadly we are not a very "United Kingdom", even less so now than a couple of years back. But hopefully we shall pull through this present chaos and settle down soon to be good friends and neighbours once again.
    Anyway, I'm blathering. Thanks again for getting in touch. Look forward to hearing from you again re the banner.
    Cheers for now,
    Mike

If you are a Gold subscriber, you should have this medal in your awards/medal rack: Awards - Gold

If you want to put up a banner on your posts, use these instructions: OldGuy59's Aerodrome Signature Banners - Instructions

In the case of the banner on this thread, for Step 1: right-click on the particular banner and save the image to your computer directly from this thread.
    Mike

In consideration of his excellent work for the Drome it gives me great pleasure to confirm Reg, aka Rebel as the replacement Flight Leader for West Yorkshire.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations, Reg!

Get 'em in, my good man!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Many congratulations Reg

"He is wise who watches"

Nice one Reg
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Well done Reg .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Default Honoured

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    In consideration of his excellent work for the Drome it gives me great pleasure to confirm Reg, aka Rebel as the replacement Flight Leader for West Yorkshire.
    Kyte.
    It is with great honour, and some surprise, that I accept this promotion. I sincerely hope I can manage the post with confidence and humility!
    That being said, the Drinks are on me chaps! Last one to the bar has to look after the Aspidistra when the Wingco is away.
    So what's your pleasure?

Our chief weapon is surprise .....

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Our chief weapon is surprise .....
    But nobody expects ..........

If you want to put up a banner on your posts, use these instructions:
    Thanks Mike

Kyte.
    Nobody expects the... Yeah, right.
    Name:  WYorkshireFltLdr_SigFile1a.png
Views: 303
Size:  167.3 KB

Congrats, Reg.
    Mike

If you are a Gold subscriber, you should have this medal in your awards/medal rack: Awards - Gold
    Well I have it on my profile that I am a Gold UK subscriber - does that count?
    Anyway, the only real reason I'm posting this is to see if the banner comes up and to thank Mike for said banner - cheers Mike, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Well I have it on my profile that I am a Gold UK subscriber - does that count?
    Anyway, the only real reason I'm posting this is to see if the banner comes up and to thank Mike for said banner - cheers Mike, Mike
    Mike,
    You are so very welcome. Thanks for all you do to share the experience of Wings of Glory.

Co-incidentally, and nothing you had anything to do with, but thanks for my cat, Yukiko, a Devon Rex:
    Name:  IMG_0106Comp.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  105.6 KB
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-21-2017 at 13:44.
    Mike

In consideration of his excellent work for the Drome, especially in the extensive work done at shows in the South of England, and in consultation with both Southern Command Squadron Leaders, it gives me great pleasure to confirm NeilCFord as the Flight Leader for Wiltshire.
    Kyte.

Congrats Neil, well deserved

Congratulations Neil!

It's Brandy time again!

Congratulations Neil. Very well deserved.

NIce one Neil - now get the drinks in

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

(congratulatory head bobs) to Neil.

Well done Neil. Cheers
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Congratulations, Neil!

Thanks all for the congratulations and the honour. Really should pay more attention to the boards

- Neil.

Congratulations Neil. Better late than never; been hors de combat for a short while. Haven't stopped drinking though Mines a pint and well done once again!
    Mike

Congratulations Neil, keep up the good work

Lest we forget

I keep forgetting to ask, but who do I have to speak nicely to, to get a lovely Flight Leader banner from?

And once again, thanks everyone for the congrats, really appreciated.

- Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilCFord View Post
    I keep forgetting to ask, but who do I have to speak nicely to, to get a lovely Flight Leader banner from?

- Neil.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whom you ask, nor how nicely, to get a signature banner, if you don't have a Gold Membership. Then, one might magically appear in OldGuy59's Signature Banner Album that might appeal to you, if there isn't one there, already.
    Mike

As Mike said you must have a Gold Membership to have a banner. Only our Wing Commander, Flying Officer Kyte, can make you a Flight Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    As Mike said you must have a Gold Membership to have a banner. Only our Wing Commander, Flying Officer Kyte, can make you a Flight Leader.
    He already did David - last September ! post #71

"He is wise who watches"

Default Congratulations

Hi Neil
    Don't know how I managed to miss the occasion of your promotion. Well deserved Sir1 Congratulations.. I will raise a belated pint to you in the Mess tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hi Neil
    Don't know how I managed to miss the occasion of your promotion. Well deserved Sir1 Congratulations.. I will raise a belated pint to you in the Mess tonight.
    What good luck Reg. I just happen to be in the Mess tonight.
    Did I hear you say it was your round?
    Kyte.

Default My round.

What good luck Reg. I just happen to be in the Mess tonight.
    Did I hear you say it was your round?
    Kyte.
    As you know Sir, when you are in the Mess it is always my privilege and pleasure to buy you a drink. Just don't bring the rest of the scroungers with you.

My apologies, Neil, I had forgotten that you are already a Flight Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilCFord View Post

- Neil.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whom you ask, nor how nicely, to get a signature banner, if you don't have a Gold Membership. Then, one might magically appear in OldGuy59's Signature Banner Album that might appeal to you, if there isn't one there, already.
    Neil, the below banner could be modified, if requested:
    Name:  WiltshireFltLdr_SigFile1a1.png
Views: 207
Size:  121.0 KB

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PS: Congrats!
    Mike

Mike

Thanks for explaining the situation and the membership requirement. I am happy to remain bannerless.

- Neil.

It won't make us hold you in any less regard as a Flight Leader for all that Neil.
    Kyte.

Indeed - and if you also refrain from putting streamers on your kite, the foe will have less chance of singling you out for special attention...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Promotions Board.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 12:07
  2. National Promotions Board.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 18:56
  3. Decorations & Promotions
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches