Ares Games

Thread: Old Planes?

DougB

Default Old Planes?

So it is looking like the supply of WoW series I, II and III planes is drying up. Is there much hope of new production runs for these, or am I going to be stuck with Skytrex and Reverisco?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

to be honest, while they will be reprinted eventually, I think we will be hosed for quite some time as the series two and three hot sellers are tied to the lead balloon two seaters by nature of coming from the same mold (all 4 plane types from a series are part of the same mold so I have heard), therefore it will be eons before enough two seaters sell for them to need another run, while all the cool planes will vanish in the first three seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by check6 View Post
    to be honest, while they will be reprinted eventually, I think we will be hosed for quite some time as the series two and three hot sellers are tied to the lead balloon two seaters by nature of coming from the same mold (all 4 plane types from a series are part of the same mold so I have heard), therefore it will be eons before enough two seaters sell for them to need another run, while all the cool planes will vanish in the first three seconds.
    Well if that is true, then that is a bummer! I'd really like to find a couple more of the DVII and Snipe minis at least!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Some of the Series I and II scout planes are avalible for order on FFG's site. Mostly SPAD XIIIs and a two of the Snipes.

We should see a new batch of Series I minis shortly. The release of the new Deluxe set uses the same mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Some of the Series I and II scout planes are avalible for order on FFG's site. Mostly SPAD XIIIs and a two of the Snipes.

We should see a new batch of Series I minis shortly. The release of the new Deluxe set uses the same mold.
    Thanks Keith... will check to see if the Snipes are the two I am missing!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Oh there's Snipes everywhere. Should be easy to get them.

Well.... I just went to the FFG site and the only Snipe they had left was the Ryrie... I have that one. Did manage to get a Camel I did not have though... I'll check around for the other Snipes after I make sure my FLGS can't find them for me...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

For me anyway, I buy the whole set when they come out, it prevents disappointment later!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    For me anyway, I buy the whole set when they come out, it prevents disappointment later!
    Yep good plan... but kinda hard for me seeing I did not start collecting the minis until last June...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Which Snipe are you looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Well.... I just went to the FFG site and the only Snipe they had left was the Ryrie... I have that one. Did manage to get a Camel I did not have though... I'll check around for the other Snipes after I make sure my FLGS can't find them for me...
    Just buy as many of those Snipes as you can and re-paint using Dom's Snipe sheet. I've even uploaded cards for all 3 flights in the files section