Ares Games

Thread: Something you don't see often

Default Something you don't see often

A friend sent me this today so I had to share it. As I said you don't see this every day. Looks like a HUEY on a trailer. The caption says it is on road going to get on I 95 North bound. For those of you that may not know I-95 is a major N/S road here in the states. This may have been taken in Florida but not sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11da.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	226685

Ok, they stored the M60s inside for the ride.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bart
    Sorties Flown

I got to ride in a Huey a few years back at the side gunner's position (with feet hanging out and all). Great fun!

That's TommyZ's new bird - he's familiar with them
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 06-26-2017 at 15:34.

I did fly in a HUEY once coming back from an FTX. When I left Phu Bai flew out on a Chinook. Only two times I was on a chopper.

Love those machines flown in them lots of times absaling from them is a realy cool. Even flown in gunship one during a live firing exercise. Big adrenalin rush

The UH-1 was a great ride - well it was better than walking!

I saw many of them in the air and was some sight to see 10 or more Huey's flying together. The Cobras were also something to see on the ground and in the air. Wish I could find my photos of the Cobras.

Last time I saw a Huey in flight was 16.June this year in the Austrian Alps.

The helicopter transported material to a mountan hut near a dam.

The materials were stored beside the dam's base and the heli brought the goods into the valley behind the dam. When it was loaded the Huey flew much careful. but on his return...

Impressive to see how the Huey "jumped" over the dam's wall on his way back to the depot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0322.jpg   IMG_0318.jpg  
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Sven that is a beautiful site. The HUEY was and still is a workhorse.