Ares Games

Thread: Catch 22?

Default Catch 22?

Is it just me, or did anyone else find it a little odd that in the Gruber Albatros D.III deck one receives a special "Lockable Controls" card (yesss!) ... along with a NOT-so-special "Unreachable Machine Guns" card (oh NO!!) claiming that most Austrian-built D.III's guns "were buried in the fuselage" and couldn't be unjammed? I guess it's a good thing Austrian-built D.IIIs had stronger wings, because this Austrian PILOT is probably going to be doing a whole LOT of overdives!!!

I knew a lot of the pre-1918 A-H scouts had unreachable guns (buried in the fuselage, or in top-of-wing pods ), but never heard this with the Albatrosses.
    I guess you can chose your plane not to have buried guns (hard choice), and so use the locking controls.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BellMW54 View Post
    Is it just me, or did anyone else find it a little odd that in the Gruber Albatros D.III deck one receives a special "Lockable Controls" card (yesss!) ... along with a NOT-so-special "Unreachable Machine Guns" card (oh NO!!) claiming that most Austrian-built D.III's guns "were buried in the fuselage" and couldn't be unjammed? I guess it's a good thing Austrian-built D.IIIs had stronger wings, because this Austrian PILOT is probably going to be doing a whole LOT of overdives!!!
    If I were you Mike & would just ignore both cards & fly it as a normal pre Ares D.III (no lockable controls & No unreachable guns!)

I suspect that those unreachable guns and the pod mounted machine guns on other machines would turn many Austrian pilots into Bullet Checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I suspect that those unreachable guns and the pod mounted machine guns on other machines would turn many Austrian pilots into Bullet Checkers.
    Though I have never played with ace cards, if I did, that would always be my first. Much more likely to get to your second IMO.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. To Catch a Caproni -
    By flash in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 14:01
  2. Good Catch old boy!
    By FarEast in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 14:34
  3. Vote here for Mission 7 AAR- Catch me if you can!
    By Marechallannes in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 08:21
  4. My own private Catch Me If You Can!
    By PRS in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 09:05
  5. Mission 7: Catch Me If You Can!
    By Watchdog in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 18:32