Ares Games

Thread: 100 Reputation Point Medal

Default 100 Reputation Point Medal

Hi Folks,

As I was processing medal requests, I noticed that the 100 Reputation Point Medal is missing. I am not sure what has happened, but if you have between 100 and 249 Reputation Points, please let me know. I will see to it that you receive this medal.

Thank you,
    Eric
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

well that explains why my "aerial victory" tally went down. i noticed it went down but didnt really look as to why. i used to have this medal but it doesnt show anymore. odd.

Hi Eric,

Any movement on this? The medal is still missing from the list

Cheers!

Feel like Mutley from Stop the Pigeon

Still a big kid at heart.

medal...medal...medal...

Mav

Remember that time you guys said you were going to double all of the reputation medal thresholds? What happened to that?

What constitutes an "Aerial Victory" ?

Never could figures out what the value represented.

Exclamation

G'day Pete!
    It is based on what medals you have been awarded & if you "click" on the Aerial Victories name it will take you to your medal tally & their points.

Hi Folks,

I just awarded the 100-point Reputation medal to those who posted here or sent me a PM. If I accidentally missed you, or if you have not requested this, assuming you qualify, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Eric
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Remember that time you guys said you were going to double all of the reputation medal thresholds? What happened to that?
    Hi Todd,

If I remember correctly, we adjusted the amount of points people give when awarding reputation; in essence, this addressed the inflation issue, enabling long-standing members who had a lot of reputation to give to newbies without automatically awarding a significant number of points, propelling the recipient into almost instant medal qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Pete!
    It is based on what medals you have been awarded & if you "click" on the Aerial Victories name it will take you to your medal tally & their points.
    That still doesn't say how I have 47 victories, with 13 medals. What are the 'victories'?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Different medals carry different weights or aerial victories, e.g. 50 Reputation Medal = 4 aerial victories, and 100 Reputation Medal = 5 aerial victories.

Thanks for mine

Looks good. How many more for the Blue Max

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    That still doesn't say how I have 47 victories, with 13 medals. What are the 'victories'?
    G'day Mike!
    Mate if you click on "Aerial Victories" it will take you to your Medal List which shows how many "victories" each Medal bestows.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Mike!
    Mate if you click on "Aerial Victories" it will take you to your Medal List which shows how many "victories" each Medal bestows.
    Barry,
    My Medals page doesn't show that information.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MedalsVictories.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	227665

Am I missing something?
    Mike

Thanks Eric!

But now I've lost my 50 points medal

Can there be only one? I'm sure that's covered somewhere I can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post
    Thanks Eric!

But now I've lost my 50 points medal

Can there be only one? I'm sure that's covered somewhere I can't see.
    I thought you only have one medal in each category. When you get the next one up the chain you drop the lower one?

That's usually the case.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I'll just have to get those aerial victories by being useful in other ways

It's pretend reward, but it's still very satisfying.

Yep, as Peter indicated, you only carry the highest level of award earned in each category. I have been going through the medals trying to clean up this type of thing. Hopefully by week's end, I will have gone through all the medals, and everything will be correct going forward.

Thanks Eric

I was also wondering about this, since the only medal/aerial victory my profile now displays is for the site's ten year anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Hi Folks,

I just awarded the 100-point Reputation medal to those who posted here or sent me a PM. If I accidentally missed you, or if you have not requested this, assuming you qualify, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Eric

Alastair and Darryl, medals have been (re)awarded. Thank you for your contributions!

Well done chaps.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hmmm... Well, then I have a double medal. I have both the 500 and 1000 Photo medals. All the other medals with levels have the correct status indicated with only one. I assume that's where the victories come in (indicating having achieved the lower awards as well).
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-11-2017 at 19:03.
    Mike

If Eric "prunes" out the 500 Photo medal, your Aerial victories tally will fall by the amount linked to that gong.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. REPUTATION: All you need to know!
    By gully_raker in forum Site Rules and Info
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 12-15-2021, 14:18
  2. My Shiny New Medal for 100 Reputation Points!
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:01
  3. 100+ Reputation
    By rote Flügel in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 02:15
  4. "Speeds" in millimeters from center point to center point
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 01:14
  5. Reputation?