Ares Games

Thread: Where can we New Yorkers get together for a game or two or three?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default Where can we New Yorkers get together for a game or two or three?

I have had the game since WOW came out, but have only played a few times. I was thinking, maybe some us us New Yorkers could meet up in Schenectady when they have one of their game-a-thons. I now the one for June is the 10th, so that is out of the question. If there is enough interest I can try to make contact with them and set up a game on July 8th. Respond here if you would be willing to come out July 8th and play.

Hi Matt,
    I'm in the Hudson River Valley about 1 hour south of Schenectady -- so if the timing is right, I'm in!
    Bill

I'll be running 2 games at Council of Five Nations, Saturday afternoon and evening. This will be on the 30th of September.

Hi,
    Count me in! I really enjoyed the games you ran up at Huzzah!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    Hi,
    Count me in! I really enjoyed the games you ran up at Huzzah!
    Bill
    Great, it will be nice to see you again. Afternoon will be ~WW2, evening WWI.

Looking forward to both -- it will be good to see you once again as well!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I will also be running an ongoing dogfight game on the July 8th Game-a-thon in Schenectady. I plan on having a supply of planes on hand so anyone who wants can come up, grab a plane and start flying. It will be strictly WW1 for this as these are the only planes I own. I have a couple of 2 seaters so if some more experienced players want we can put in a bombing mission. Hope to see you there.

Hi Matt,
    I will try to be there -- I've never been to the Game-a-thon before -- can you tell me where it is held and what time it begins, ends, etc. ?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 06-20-2017 at 10:25. Reason: Brain cramp

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Here is web site for the Schenectady Warbamers Association.

http://www.swa-gaming.org/

They hold a game-a-thon, 1 Saturday every month, and once a year they have a convention. I have been to 1 game a thon and had a good time.

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the info -- I can come up for the first block (11AM-4PM) on July 8, if you want to meet. I have a number of WWI planes (including a couple of 2 seaters, 1 British, 1 German). I also have 3 gaming mats --city, country, and coastal and would be happy to bring them on the 8th. I have a number of WWII planes as well, but have only played one game in this period. I can bring them as well if you want to stumble through it with me. Please let me know if 11-4 on the 8th is good and if you want me to bring the mats and WW2 planes.
    Looking forward to meeting you,
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hello Bill,
    I will be in Schenectady on the 8th running a Wings of Glory event at the game-a-thon in July. I would love to meet you and play a game or 2 as well. I was planning to have an ongoing game that people could walk in and select a plane and start dogfighting. I don't have any of the WOG mats yet, and was planning on bringing a grass field mat so if you wan to play on your mats feel free to bring them. I have not ventured into WW2 yet and would enjoy giving it a try.
    Look forward to meeting you as well.

Matt,
    Great ! I'll plan to be there a little early for the 11AM block (Mapquest tells me I'm 1.5 hours from Schenectady) -- I'll bring the gaming mats and my planes. Really looking forward to it!
    Bill

Hi Matt,
    How/where will I find you on Saturday? I'll be easy to recognize -- I'll be the incredibly handsome fellow carrying the Wings of Glory gaming mats...... but seriously folks...I plan to get to Proctor's a little before 11AM (Mapquest tells me it is 1.5 hours from my place). Since this is my first game-a-thon, how do I find you?
    best,
    Bill

Hi Matt,
    I just saw all the info on the SWA web page -- so all is good -- see you Saturday.
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hey Bill, just pm'd you, but I cannot make this weekend due to work. Maybe I can do it next month I will check my schedule and repost if able.

Hi Matt,
    PM'd you right back! No problems on my end...perhaps next month?
    best,
    Bill

Matt,
    SWA site indicates the next game-a-thon is on August 12....what does your schedule look like?
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Bill,

I hope to make it there on the 12th. I have to see when my niece is planning her engagement party first though. As long as it is not on the 12th I plan on being there.

Matt

Matt,
    Please let me know when you know -- if you will be there I will plan to drive up with my planes and gaming mats -- if not we can look forward to the next available game-a-thon.
    best,
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Bill,
    I am planning on running the Wings of Glory event on August 12th again. Hopefully life will not get in the way again.
    Matt

Hi Matt,
    Sounds good...I'll plan on coming up on the 12th....is the 11AM-4PM block still OK ?
    best,
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Yes, that is the block I told them.

Quote Originally Posted by MattG View Post
    Yes, that is the block I told them.
    Thanks Matt!
    B.

Hi Matt,
    I am still planning on driving up to the SWA game-a-thon this Saturday for the 11AM - 4PM block...are you still good ?
    Bill

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Yes I am. I am really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattG View Post
    Yes I am. I am really looking forward to it.
    Excellent! See you then !
    Bill

Hi Matt,
    Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
    Bill

Great to see this thread... not a New Yorker, but I've made a few of the Schenectady games in the past. Looks like I'll need to block out some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Great to see this thread... not a New Yorker, but I've made a few of the Schenectady games in the past. Looks like I'll need to block out some time in the future.
    Chris,
    Are you near The Time Portal in Manchester, CT? I sometimes play there with some friends from MA and CT....if you don't get up to Schenectady, maybe we could arrange a meet up at the Portal ??
    Bill

Chris,
    Are you near The Time Portal in Manchester, CT? I sometimes play there with some friends from MA and CT....if you don't get up to Schenectady, maybe we could arrange a meet up at the Portal ??
    Bill
    Absolutely. I'm only about 20 minutes from Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Absolutely. I'm only about 20 minutes from Manchester.
    Well...how does a day in September look for you? Teaticket has suggested he might drive down if something is arranged at The Time Portal, and I can approach my MA and CT friends to check their availability.
    Bill

Well...how does a day in September look for you?
    I should be able to swing something... I'll check with the about my availability and get back to you.

Matt,
    Thanks for a great day of gaming ! I really enjoyed meeting you and the other folks at the Schenectady Wargamers Association. Love to come back again in the future.
    best,
    Bill

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. A 1915 Era Game, and More... at The Family Game Store
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 19:33
  3. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 08:49
  5. Amazing 'In-Game' images from a Computer Flight Sim Game
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 08:39