Ares Games

Thread: Biplanes & Triplanes 2017

Lightbulb Biplanes & Triplanes 2017

The Military Aviation Museum will host their WW1 Air Show October 7th and 8th. WW1 replica planes, reenactors and live entertainment make B&T a fun event. Oh there will be some WW1 gaming also! They have purchased a Sopwith Triplane recently which will be a nice addition to the WW1 collection.
    That weekend is also the R/C Dawn Patrol. Lots of great WW1 R/C models!

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.or...nes/index.html

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/

Nice. Do you have the opening and closing times for airshow?

Thumbs up

Max

Normally 9 to 5 Saturday and Sunday. That comes from last years program. Friday is setup day for the reenactors and the day the give all the planes a check ride, that is cover under the normal entry fee. With the R/C planes it should be a good event.

Rich

P.S. If you are on Facebook i have posted some of last years videos.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.schwab1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00266.jpg   DSC00219.jpg   DSC00239.jpg   DSC00230.jpg   DSC00216.jpg  

DSC00217.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Max

Normally 9 to 5 Saturday and Sunday. That comes from last years program. Friday is setup day for the reenactors and the day the give all the planes a check ride, that is cover under the normal entry fee. With the R/C planes it should be a good event.

Rich

P.S. If you are on Facebook i have posted some of last years videos.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.schwab1
    nice! thanks for the info.

Thumbs up

An SE-5 that has been being worked on arrived at the Fighter Factory. It has an original Hispano-Suiza engine!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SE-5 FF1.jpg  

Very nice, D6851 of Lt Elliott White Springs 85 Sqn June 1918 perhaps ? Claimed 3 of his 4 victories with 85 Sqn in that machine, which he subsequently crashed on 27th June after being shot up by the observer of a German two seater. He went on to get 12 more victories in Camels with USAS 148th Aero Sqn.
    He is in the second machine in the line up - it had T on the top plane in this image but X on the fuselage, either a repair or between markings is the speculation.
    (Osprey - SE5-5a Aces of WW1)

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

Dave
    There is a T on the upper wing. Hopefully they will have it together by Saturday. We are going to a Flying Proms Saturday night.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAMSE5A.jpg  
    Last edited by richard m schwab; 06-05-2017 at 08:20.

Nice, that's going to look awesome when it's all together.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I keep missing this, but really, one of these years I *must* make the show.

Sam

It is worth a day trip! Between the planes, the reenactors and the entertainment it is a great little Air Show. Plus all the ww2 planes are there to be sen also.

Rich

I think I have the wife convinced we need to get to the WWI show. It has been a few years since we were there for that and nothing going on at that time.

Bob

Very good! Did you see the Green Flash Brewery when you came down last month?

Rich

This will sound like a fishing story, but. On Saturday afternoon i tried on three occasions to photograph the SE-5A. Each time i had a glitch that did not save the photos.!!!!! It is a beautiful ship. Here is a link to the Fighter Factory Facebook page, when the started her up. That is a original licensed built Hispano-Suiza engine.

https://www.facebook.com/FighterFactory/

Rich

Tickets are now on sale so go to their site and get your tickets for a worth while show. Also noticed that this year they are having October Fest so you can get a mug to go along with the show.

Default Fun time at the 'drome

Got to meet Rich (representing the Aerodrome) at Biplanes and Triplanes today! Great little air show and an impressive collection on the ramp and tucked into the corners of all the hangars - well worth the trip! Trying to get photos loaded...

Was at the show yesterday and back to MD this morning. Have had a few games with Rich and always a good time. Hope you can make the Muster in Feb and meet a number of others that are in here.

Looking forward to it Bob - just retired after 30 years in the USAF and am now a slimey contractor at Langley AFB!

My photos are on the Biplanes & Triplanes thread below this one. Will be good to meet you.

Oliver

Nice meeting! Hope to see you at the Williamsburg Muster in February! Glad you had a good time. They actually had the Blériot above the runway today!

Rich

Rich good to see you again. What will you run in Feb ? WW I or WW II ? No matter it will be a good game and time.

Bob

WW2 of course! The Penguins made their combat debut today! They attacked and knocked out their objective, plus shared two kills!

Rich

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Great pictures here, Rich! So nice to see all these beauties together in one spot...

How many of them actually get up in the air during the weekend?

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    WW2 of course! The Penguins made their combat debut today! They attacked and knocked out their objective, plus shared two kills!
    Are they based out of Madagascar? :)

Chris he is talking about the Carponi that did the around the world tour. It was crewed by penguins and Rich was the winner of that prize.

Thumbs up

Their first taste of combat in Virginia Beach! Hit their target and shared a kill! Then topped it off by getting home!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA080063.jpg   PA080053.jpg  

Thumbs up

A few of my photos from B&T 2017. The MAM`s new Dr1 has a rotary engine, that is the real castor oil coating everything!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA070040.jpg   PA060013.jpg   PA060012.jpg   PA060008.jpg   PA060003.jpg  

PA070022.jpg   PA070017.jpg  

Thumbs up

Great stuff Richard & really great to see the Penguins back in action.

Rep inbound!

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab
    The MAM`s new Dr1 has a rotary engine, that is the real castor oil coating everything!
    Including (not shown) the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab
    Hit their target and shared a kill! Then topped it off by getting home!
    It seems penguins are deadly, not just to fish, either.

Thumbs up

Sam

The crew at Fighter Factory, the maintenance division of the MAM discovered the health benefits of castor oil! The first startup of the engine ended all constipation in the shop!

Rich

Barry

They took some licks, but handed more out!
    Rich

Sam

Not only that but they are a real hit at the shows!

Rich

Well done Rich and well done Penguins. It just shows what a training flight around the world can do for you flying ability.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob

They proved their worth as both madcap flyers but as goodwill ambassadors! The kids love them! One young man seriously told his mother, "There are Penguins in that plane.". I tell everyone that they have flown around the world!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Chris he is talking about the Carponi that did the around the world tour. It was crewed by penguins and Rich was the winner of that prize.
    Oh, *those* Penguins. I am familiar with them. (I think I set the record for "shortest time in possession of that mini" -- acquired, got photos, and shipped out in 23 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Oh, *those* Penguins. I am familiar with them. (I think I set the record for "shortest time in possession of that mini" -- acquired, got photos, and shipped out in 23 hours.)
    Those were hallcion days . . . What year was that?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Those were hallcion days . . . What year was that?
    2012-2013
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Things are so different now, kinda miss the old gang and the days of glory . . . any ways to regroup and do something epic?

Chris you might be correct I think I had the plane for 2 or 3 days before I sent it out. And is Dave talking about another Around the World Tour ?

Similar Missions

1. GENE: Biplanes, Triplanes and Seaplanes
    By john snelling in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 20:36
  2. Visit to Biplanes and Triplanes Virginia Beach, USA
    By john snelling in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 22:13
  3. Biplanes and Triplanes Airshow 2016
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6