Ares Games

Thread: RAF Museum Cosford

Default RAF Museum Cosford

Good morning, I've sent an email to the organisers of the scale model show at RAF Cosford. To see if we could put on some participation game's for them at next year's show, I will keep you guy's informed of what they say to me.

Thanks Mark.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good idea, Mark!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Brilliant move. Well done that man

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Great idea pity it's in the UK!

That could be worth a trip across La Manche.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

A quick update regarding RAF Cosford chap's. So far I've sent out a couple of emails to the Shropshire scale modellers who run an annual event at Cosford. They haven't replied to me yet, so my plan is for me to approach Cosford to see if we could hire out a room just like we do at Doncaster. The hire fee is £200 plus the dreaded VAT. But if we get enough interest we could cover the cost easily. Also there is a Premier Inn in the centre of Telford, with plenty of restaurants and a couple of pubs nearby. The Travel lodge is just up the road from me in Shawbirch, with yet again there are three pubs nearby. So I'll keep you chap's posted on my progress.

Got any dates ?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

great idea! i hope youre able to promote the game!!!

I have had 3 shipments from that museum over the last few months.
    A cunning plan to get grandchilluns interested in World Wars I & II aircraft ...

Interested, depending on dates.

PS: Why hasn't our newly minted Flight Leader go a nice shiny banner at the bottom of his posts?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good morning chap's. I have no dates yet as this is in the planning stage. But what I will do is phone Cosford today, then I'll report back. I was thinking of a weekend in either June or July, but I will need to consult Boney10 as we do have a very busy convention schedule.

Have you seen the Flight Leader banner that Old guy has done for you Mark?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good evening chap's. Today I have spoken to someone from RAF Cosford, and I am very pleased to report that we can hire out their conference room. I will need to know numbers and what month/weekend before I book this venue for next year.

Hi Mark,
    Are you thinking along the lines of Doncaster for the West?

Lest we forget

Is that price per day or weekend? Also how many hours each day? Last I looked it was basically 9 to 5 and each day.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    A quick update regarding RAF Cosford chap's. So far I've sent out a couple of emails to the Shropshire scale modellers who run an annual event at Cosford. They haven't replied to me yet, so my plan is for me to approach Cosford to see if we could hire out a room just like we do at Doncaster. The hire fee is £200 plus the dreaded VAT. But if we get enough interest we could cover the cost easily. Also there is a Premier Inn in the centre of Telford, with plenty of restaurants and a couple of pubs nearby. The Travel lodge is just up the road from me in Shawbirch, with yet again there are three pubs nearby. So I'll keep you chap's posted on my progress.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Is that price per day or weekend? Also how many hours each day? Last I looked it was basically 9 to 5 and each day.

Neil
    I think that the final price could be over £400. But I will send them an email to find out the total amount for the weekend. And we will have access to the conference room from 9 to 5 on both days.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Hi Mark,
    Are you thinking along the lines of Doncaster for the West?
    Hi John,
    I thought that Cosford would be another perfect venue for us to use as we are all aeroplane enthusiasts on this forum. Plus there's a bonus of the 4D experiance of either flying with the Red Baron or flying with the Red Arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    Hi John,
    I thought that Cosford would be another perfect venue for us to use as we are all aeroplane enthusiasts on this forum. Plus there's a bonus of the 4D experiance of either flying with the Red Baron or flying with the Red Arrows.
    It all sounds good to me

Lest we forget

Similar Missions

1. WOW! Or Rather BOB At RAF Cosford ...
    By Tonx in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 09:34
  2. RAF Roundels Guide: RAF Museum Cosford.
    By Tonx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 05:46
  3. Joaquim at Cosford.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 01:20
  4. RAF Cosford
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 04:29
  5. Replies: 3