Ares Games

Thread: WANTED

Default WANTED

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to find 3 minis that I'm wanting to trade for.

I'm after Immelmann's E.III and one of either Hawker or Andrew's DH2 and Keudell's Halberstadt D.III.

I have Red Baron Duel Pack and Kaneko's Zero and a Dawn of War Box plus some cash if it's not enough for the trader.

Thanks
    Last edited by Canestri10; 05-22-2017 at 15:30.

Bump
    Last edited by Canestri10; 05-18-2017 at 15:41.

Any luck so far?

This site is lists one of them as available.

Imperial Hobbies - Fokker E.III (Immelmann)
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks Mike, order placed.

Gary no luck,

I have just placed an order for the E.III provided by Mike above. Remains to be seen if they can fulfill the order.

Are you able to help out with any of the three minis?

Sam I was going to suggest you look at jsmwarplanes on ebay. I have a couple of his balsa E.III's. He will paint them as you want. You will then need to get bases and cards though.

Ok thanks Gary, I'll keep that in mind.

Mike, Francis' inventory is not accurate. It listed a Stackard Camel in stock and that was not the case. Also, almost all the miniature descriptions are incorrect.

Ahh crap.

Still looking for all three then. So no one can help out?

It took me several trades and sometimes paying 2 or 3 times MSRP to get the pilots I wanted. Good luck, this is a tough hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    This site is lists one of them as available.

Imperial Hobbies - Fokker E.III (Immelmann)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRoberts View Post
    Mike, Francis' inventory is not accurate. It listed a Stackard Camel in stock and that was not the case. Also, almost all the miniature descriptions are incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    Ahh crap.

Still looking for all three then. So no one can help out?
    Sam,
    My apologies. Depending on the site you look at, you can see planes listed and only find out they are out of stock when you put in an order.

Unfortunately, as Rob indicated, the Imperial Hobbies site is one of those sites that is not inventory accurate all the time.

It was worth a try. Back in the day, I wanted the altitude cards for my Wings of War Famous Aces and Watch Your Back boxed sets. I was building paper planes to play with, when I coudn't find any miniatures for any price. The altitude cards for all the maneuver decks in the first two boxed sets were released in the Burning Drachens set, and I looked all over the internet to finally find a store that had a copy in stock (despite eBay and Amazon searches that would turn up available boxes only to indicate "will advise when in stock" when an order was attempted).

Wish you luck in finding the planes you want. If that doesn't work, there are other, slightly more time consuming options.

My paper plane on the left, Ares mini on the right:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5thProjAlbDV_S20130215-Complete1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	223752
    Zio Prudenzio Model Cards - My 5th Project - Albatros D V - Schleich
    Mike

Neat folding there Mile

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

That looks amazing thanks Mike but I'm a through and through Ares purist. I will only ever buy minis they release and nothing outside of that. Dont have the extra money or time to go down that rabbit hole.

That looks amazing thanks Mike but I'm a through and through Ares purist. I will only ever buy minis they release and nothing outside of that. Dont have the extra money or time to go down that rabbit hole.
    Sam,
    Yes, the paper option is not for everyone. Perhaps only for the insanely desperate, or thoroughly underchallenged.
    Mike

Knowing a few paper modelers, I'd suggest it is more like insanely under-challenged or thoroughly desperate.

Either way, not for the faint of heart.

I had a ridiculously hard time gluing a single machine gun back on a plane recently. The very idea of me building a paper model that would be insane.

mutt

A bunch of those just popped up on Ebay.

I can still get the Duel Pack on-line but I'm really looking for Brown from the Duel pack. Let me know if you break the package open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I can still get the Duel Pack on-line but I'm really looking for Brown from the Duel pack. Let me know if you break the package open.
    I'm more than happy to send you Brown, what do you have to trade?

I'm more than happy to send you Brown, what do you have to trade?
    Unfortunately not much. I'll have to check but it probably won't be until next week.

Similar Missions

1. WGS WW1 WANTED
    By Canestri10 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 10:25
  2. WGF WWI Wanted
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 13:51
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 08:32
  4. P-40 wanted