Ares Games

Thread: Official Martian Killers

Default Official Martian Killers

Get them here before the new release comes out!

http://paperterrain.mybisi.com/produ...ne-d8-aircraft

Good to know, I have a few ready if they ever bother to show up to invade us . . .

Mine are from scratch a few years ago but Shapeways has them now too . . . as if they knew they were going to be needed . . . : )

These guys have some interesting stuff from many ages, the scales are not posted though . . . love the vintage gun boats . . . thanks!

He is always at the HMGS cons. Has two books about the Martian war. Read the first one and have the second one. Scott does terrain in many sales.

Pardon my ignorance but what does HMGS stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what does HMGS stand for?
    Historical Miniature Gaming Society - pretty interesting group, Google it! : )

I just hope they have more-powerful engines than the historical unit -- it had a top speed of *56 MPH*....

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I just hope they have more-powerful engines than the historical unit -- it had a top speed of *56 MPH*....
    Maybe with that lessened Martian gravity, less horsepower is needed just to keep it in the air. Then again, the air density is bad news... but they didn't know that in the pulp genre era, so that can be happily ignored!

It's all relative, any airspeed up against the speed of light, the rays have it! It is interesting that Wells puts the Martian's experimental flying machine at the extreme end of their lifespan on earth, as if they learned the concept from man . . .

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Interesting connection to Mike (Oldguy59) - who knew the Burgess-Dunne was such a beast!?

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    It's all relative, any airspeed up against the speed of light, the rays have it! It is interesting that Wells puts the Martian's experimental flying machine at the extreme end of their lifespan on earth, as if they learned the concept from man . . .
    It is plausible; the Martian invasion is often portrayed as a reaction to their planet's dying. Space rockets don't need to start with airplanes.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Last Official Day
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 12:52
  2. Attn: Zeppelin Staaken KIllers
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-13-2015, 08:33
  3. "Non-official" official plane cards with WoG layout
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 25