Ares Games

Thread: WoW Lot on Ebay just posted

Default WoW Lot on Ebay just posted

This big lot of WoW was just posted on Evilbay. 20 planes & 4 box sets for $250. Good deal for someone getting into the game or someone in need of planes. Both WWI & WWII in this lot. I have seen the one WWII Starter set included in this auction sell for $70 by itself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Glo...gAAOSww9xZCy-j

I got into WoG via an ebay lot. That led me to this site; needless to say, it was one of the best ebay purchases for this reason alone.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

I got into the game late, after the demise of Nexus, and only found around 20 or so planes.................

then I "won" an ebay lot of 124 planes, 6 rules boxes, and enough foam carry cases for all of them - the rest is History!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It's a good deal - planes are about $7.50 each
    Tempting ...

I guess a good deal is in the eye of the buyer. I do not think this is a great deal.

I have noticed the shift in these "deals" - they have become mostly later releases and minis that are just going over the access horizon . . . first few series are rarer and rarer. Minis are like gold these days and moving into platinum realms! Get them while you can, they only get more valuable. I read once where the average game life is just about 3 years . . . we are into a game with a lot longer life span because the topic is historical and not evolving to meet the latest fads . . . endless expansions into the stars has doomed many a great game. Now back to Sky Captain . . .

Sold somebody thought is was a good deal.

Yep, SOLD. I knew someone out there would want it, not a bad started set. I think the P-40 may have been the most valuable single plane of the lot followed by the Weber Albatros. The Deluxe started set was definitely the most valuable thing of this lot.

I would of bought it. If I had $250 lying around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter W. View Post
    I would of bought it. If I had $250 lying around somewhere.
    The trick is to put your lunch money into a daily ebay savings account, it will add up and the $ will be there! I did this with my drinking $ when I became diabetic, suddenly I had tons of $ available over night! Priorities my young apprentice : )

Glad I started when the game first came out. Only one of each for series 1 & 2 but then started get a few doubles. You never know what you will find on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    The trick is to put your lunch money into a daily ebay savings account, it will add up and the $ will be there! I did this with my drinking $ when I became diabetic, suddenly I had tons of $ available over night! Priorities my young apprentice : )
    well, i guess i should start saving up holiday money!

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    You never know what you will find on Ebay.
    Endless temptation!

I am MUCH poorer thanks to Evil Bay!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

So .... WHO among us DID buy it then? Pictures of loot required.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    So .... WHO among us DID buy it then? Pictures of loot required.
    maybe it was one of us... or maybe that one new person who thinks they're made of money

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter W. View Post
    maybe it was one of us... or maybe that one new person who thinks they're made of money
    It actually makes a lot of sense to buy that lot, you could keep the stuff you really wanted and probably make back most of your outlay selling aircraft you already had individually. Well done to whomever made the successful bid

PS I was thinking about it but I already have two of those boxed sets - gotta draw the line somewhere

I'm like you, Carl.
    Didn't need the WoW or the RAPs.
    The planes would be for repaints.
    It was definitely a good package deal for someone starting out.

I have noticed the shift in these "deals" - they have become mostly later releases and minis that are just going over the access horizon . . . first few series are rarer and rarer. Minis are like gold these days and moving into platinum realms! Get them while you can, they only get more valuable. I read once where the average game life is just about 3 years . . . we are into a game with a lot longer life span because the topic is historical and not evolving to meet the latest fads . . . endless expansions into the stars has doomed many a great game. Now back to Sky Captain . . .
    I have been able to acquire at least one of everything from the Pacific theater, but at the risk of sounding greedy I would not mind having "wingmen" for more of those. Unfortunately, the only early WGS product worth picking up recently was a set of three Nexus Spits. The diminishing supply lines is why I bought a second set of Mustangs before they are also out of print. Also, original Stuka's would be nice, but not of the $18.50 +$12.10 s/h variety...

sadly much easier said than done.

Similar Missions

1. nt sure if this was posted before
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 13:47
  2. Posted In
    By infman in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 12:31
  3. WGF Cotton Jim posted complete series 1,2,3 on ebay............
    By James Denberger in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 02:12
  4. Posted missing
    By AlgyLacey in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 07:14