Ares Games

Thread: This Looks Really Interesting -- And Really Complicated...

Default This Looks Really Interesting -- And Really Complicated...

http://hlj.com/product/FTS60305

For thems as wants to try 1/72-scale _WoG_....

Used to play Mustangs & Messersmitts with 1/76 scale planes. I'm getting too old to be crawling on the ground, moving the wheeled trollies.
    Otherwise, 1/76 WoG would be a visual treat.
    I have to wonder; why do they bother putting gum in this kind of kit. Legal or cultural?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

from the second picture, it seems that the parts are pre-painted. Still would be a challenge though, but I think I could do it.
    -Famous last words of a young modeller

. . . not quite "full functional" you have to supply the sake for the last mission . . . the gum, so that's what that is, used to come with the F-Toys kits, I thought it was a glue capsule, no wonder my elves liked it . . .

doesn't look that complicated imo, maybe 50 pieces or so.

The pieces probably snap into place. I never thought about the gum. I have enough to last me for the next 5 years.
    Max all their models are pre painted. I have a large number of their 1/144 planes. You have to put them together. Some are pretty easy with just a few parts but others have a number of small parts. I bought a case with the CR42 to get it but have only build 1. The struts were a pain to get in place and put the model together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I have to wonder; why do they bother putting gum in this kind of kit. Legal or cultural?
    Legal -- "officially", one is buying the gum (or whatever -- I have some ship-themed gashopon with bubble-bath packets), and the model comes with it.

GASHAPON is a term used in Japan for toys dispensed from a vending machine. They would be like the bubble gum machines here in the states with the little toys in the plastic eggs. In my area they are in grocery store exits and have a variety of things in them. Since bubble gum machines are associated with gum hence the gum comes with the toy.

I had a 1/48 version of the Zero by Takara and also a German WWII Submarine. They also made a bunch of warships as well, Yamato, etc.. All parts were pre-painted and assembly, well it wasn't really assembly. The parts all snapped together and you could quickly build them, very quickly. The detail was excellent. The Sub and Zero I had were all able to be built as solid models or "skeleton" models showing off all the internals. Great kits! The gum must be a Japanese thing because I see all sorts of products coming with them. It must be a like an American trading card (baseball) kind of thing.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 20:49
  2. Interesting
    By Rebel in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 09:13
  3. WGF This could be interesting...
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 01:05
  4. Interesting...