Ares Games

Thread: Balsa planes & repaints...

Default Balsa planes & repaints...

Hello everybody, Hope everybody had a great holiday! I have some pictures of two balsa planes that my buddy Ron S. just put together. These planes are made of balsa and pieces of stretched plastic styrene for the wing struts. One is finished, the other still needs to be painted. He builds these by hand and takes about maybe two days or less for the completed model. You can see them on my CP. Plus some repaints. Thank you for your interest, Joe

I'm very impressed with your Balsa aircraft. How long have you been doing them?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just took a look at them; very nice work. A question though; how well will the balsas wings hold up with gameplay? Nice for display, but I was thinking styrene for the wings would be better.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Nice work ! You're a lucky man Joe - Wish I had a relly with that kind of talent !

"He is wise who watches"

Hmmmm I could not find the pics... odd!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Hmmmm I could not find the pics... odd!
    They are on his public profile in the pictures bit on the right.
    Rob.

Hey, thanks for the complinents. Understand that I did not build the planes. My buddy Ron S. did. As far as how "flight worthy" they may be... Well we as of yet have to give them a test flight. We'll give you a full report. Thanks, Joe

Flying Officer Kyte, Ron S. does the building, he just sat down one evening, actually last week, and carved out the Neuiport, just by sight alone! Ron has had a long history with building & flying RC aircraft, of all types. Besides building the Neuiport, last week, he also made a Fokker tri-plane, and a 1/72 balsa Fokker d7!! Unfortunately, he had no other 1/144th models for reference, so the tri-plane was a bit on the small size for the rest of the WOW aircraft. Joe

These are very good. What's your mate like on Caproni bombers?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That is some very nice work. If he starts taking orders for planes he will be the most popular person on the site. By the way I'd like a Sopwith Pup.

Nice pics! What scale are the human figures?

The human figs are 1/72 plastic, & 54mm (1/32) plastic, undercoated with the same stuff that I use to keep my WOW pegs together, primed with flat blacK auto primer, then finished with common acrylic paint (apple barrel) from my local Walmart. Joe

Greg, I'll pass that on to him! Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    They are on his public profile in the pictures bit on the right.
    Rob.
    I apologize... I looked at the album three different times, but was only looking at the thumbnails and thus could not see the captions. The balsa models looked so good that I thought they were actual WoW models repainted...

Very nice Joe! Very Nice indeed!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Default planes

thanks all you guy's there are more to come!!!!

Default planes

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I'm very impressed with your Balsa aircraft. How long have you been doing them?
    Rob.
    this is the frist time i have try to make tham. but i am making more

That impresses me even more.I look forward to seeing the next offering.
    Thanks Ronald.
    Rob.

Hello again, just to clear things up a bit, RonaldRS. builds the planes & I photograph them!
    Joe

Those look nice! Thanks for posting your pics!

Similar Missions

1. Some repaints
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 08:35
  2. WW I: Fokker Repaints
    By Canuck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 17:47
  3. Repaints
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9