Ares Games

Thread: What to do when you lose lost Damage chits

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christopher
    Sorties Flown

Default What to do when you lose lost Damage chits

So just got the new Battle of Britain starter set.
    And am excited, to say the least, to play.But unlike the WW1 system which uses battle damage card decks. The WW2 system uses damage chits. I automatically thought what happens when you lose some chits and need to replace them? After all unlike the cards these are small and easy to lose. Is there a file to download new chits? And to print them out or are we stuck?

If you look on this page in the Files section there are lists of the damage deck statistics. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...t&id=10&page=6

The only way to obtain spare official damage chits is to buy a Rules and Accessories Pack, find a copy of the original Nexus card games called 'Dawn of War' or 'Fire From the Sky' or a deluxe Starter Set.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 04-23-2017 at 20:06.

Some of the WW2 chaps had damage decks printed up so they could play with cards instead of chits, can't find a thread link but I expect someone will know where it is.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Are the chits unchanged from "Dawn of War" to "Fire in the Sky" to "WW2 Deluxe Set" to "Battle of Britain Starter Set"?

If so, I could use one of my spare "Dawn of War" sets as a 'spares' repository, and send out individual chits to replace folks's lost ones.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Some of the WW2 chaps had damage decks printed up so they could play with cards instead of chits, can't find a thread link but I expect someone will know where it is.
    The big problem with duplicating, or providing replacement, damage decks is that it violates the Intellectual Property Rights of Ares Games. This is something this Forum can't support, if we want Ares to continue producing the game. Not to mention the posibility of the site, and the specific member posting the stuff, getting sued for copyright infringement.

This is me trying to get sued: Want Damage Cards Instead of Chits (<- Link)

Ares didn't get on my, and Keith's [Oberst Hajj], case, but it was probably pretty close.

Anyone wanting the files can contact me if they have specific vision challenges that make using the official chits too difficult, but they are not for general distribution.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

My elves have a massive collection of unused chits and bits from all the games so far released, chances of me playing and using them are near -0- so if anyone needs replacements let us know . . . we like to keep the game on a level, legal, fun level : )

Similar Missions

1. Want Damage Cards Instead of Chits
    By Sagrilarus in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 15:08
  2. Damage chits
    By CJ_Linton in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 05:39
  3. How many damage chits sets?
    By RichJ in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 12