Ares Games

Thread: Hello from Bomber County! (Lincolnshire)

Crusty

Cool Hello from Bomber County! (Lincolnshire)

Hello my name is Chris. I'm currently living in Lincolnshire. I have a small collection of ww2 aircraft that I have picked up cheapish over time. I will try post a photo of my collection later. I have only played a few games against my 5yo daughter and my wife. So only basic rules but trying to find and persuade some new opponents.
    I am a huge aviation fan... I am an Aircraft Technician and I fly RC models.

Welcome to the 'Drome Chris. Check out the UK wing stickies (UKWING membership 2017) for any chaps near to you.

Also keep an eye out for the UK Wing bash at Doncaster in September if you're available.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome to you Chris, from Bristol

Welcome aboard Chris from yet another Chris not too far away in Doncaster

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hi Chris, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Chris.
    Don't forget to take up my Wingman request, and do drop into the officer's Mess for a virtual beer or three with the lads.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris, from Middlesex daaaan saaaaf!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Chris, welcome to the Aerodrome from across the pond on Cape Cod.

Welcome to the 'Drome Chris from West Yorkshire. Hope to see you at Doncaster 2017 later this year (check out the posts for details).
    Fly safe and always watch your six.

Thumbs up

G'day Chris & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Lots of great info to find here & the Chaps will only be too pleased to answer any queries you might have.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris, from here near Norwich.

Hi Chris welcome to the Drome where about in Lincolnshire are you I am based in Boston and also play WW2

Crusty

Thank you everyone for the welcomes.
    Hello Hawkhurst. I'm not far from you. I'm at Coningsby.

Welcome to the 'drome Chris from a sunny Dorset this morning

"He is wise who watches"

Bienvenue from tropical Brittany Chris.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Users Country Flag

Name
    Paul
    Sorties Flown

Welcome Chris.

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to the Drome from a balmy Leicestershire.
    If you can get to Newark in May, there is the Partizan show at Newark Showground, where you will be able to join a game of WGS I am sure.
    look for the Partizan 2017 thread.

Lest we forget

And there is Doncaster in September.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome Chris from "not as windy today" Orrygun.
    (I took Friday off to play our solo mission and had no power for half the day)

(Welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

And yes, one of the beauties of the game is that it does make a good vehicle for teaching the young 'uns some "advanced" gaming concepts.

Welcome aboard Chris!
    I live not far from Coningsby, in Newark. However, I game down the road at the Old Dirigibles - the wargames club of RAFC Cranwell (aka Sleaford Tech). We do have members from Coningsby (and Waddo), the current youngest member is aged 11 (my son, he's been a member since birth), so your young 'un is more than welcome to come along.
    Feel free to drop me a line if you would like more details...

Hi Chris - welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent

welcome to the drome Chris!!!! its so nice you have ready opponents in house. you should give ww1 wings of glory a try as well.

Crusty

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the info. I will try and get myself to Partizan in Newark as that's on my Birthday
    Doncaster I will have to see closer the time.
    At a guess. WGF is wings of glory ww1 and WGS is ww2 ?? I have tried to post a wanted add for a maneuver deck C for a wings of war hurricane I have, but not sure if it posted.

Dirigible I will pm you for some more details.

I would like to get some WW1 aircraft at some point but at the moment I'm after the dambuster Lancaster and the Battle of Britain set.

Thanks everyone
    Chris

Hi Chris
    You are correct in your understanding of WGF and WGS.
    If you are looking for WW1 aircraft there are some reasonably priced ones on ebay at the moment.

Some are doubles so what might look expensive is actually cheap for two aircraft.

Also Chris if you let your cursor dwell over the words that have an underline you should get the full meaning pop up.
    Rob.

Hi Chris, welcome from another near neighbour. I'm over near East Kirkby and have WGF and WGS tucked away in my gaming shed in the back garden.So I guess I'm about 12 mlies away roughly speaking.
    Simon

Crusty

Hello Simon. That is pretty close indeed. I have been over that way a few times to see the Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Hello Simon. That is pretty close indeed. I have been over that way a few times to see the Lancaster.
    Same here, I'm only a mile past the aerodrome. My father did try to buy the airfield when it and the old RAF Spilsby came up for sale back in 1981 but I think we were gazumped. Probably just as well or the museum wouldn't be there now .I'm off to partizan on May 21st, hope to bump into you there and say how do.

Simon - I'll be at Partizan, feel free to say hello, too!
    You'll generally find me operating the Cranwell Old Dirigibles game for most of the day... (and we currently have no idea what we will be putting on! Ah. Organisation.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Dirigible View Post
    You'll generally find me operating the Cranwell Old Dirigibles game for most of the day... (and we currently have no idea what we will be putting on! Ah. Organisation.... )
    Will do Paul.

We will have to see if we can get together sometime during the day chaps.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirigible View Post
    I see from the Partizan website Paul that you are putting on something called Battletech Alpha Strike, whatever one of those may be?? However you don't seem to have a table according to the floorplan!
    http://partizan.org.uk/Partizan%202017%20Floorplan.pdf
    There appears to be PG6 where you should be, and two PG5, so I assume someone had a senior moment and PG6 is in fact PG20 which is you. I'll track you down wherever you may be. A carnation in the button hole for ID purposes perhaps?

Hi Simon
    BT-AS is the variant of the classic BattleTech (big shooty mechs) whereby you can comfortably run several lances against each other, instead of getting headache running one mech.
    We'll be there somewhere...

HI everyone, it is a debatable matter whether I will make it down or not. Having pranged the undercarriage it has put recovery back a trifle. I will have to see how the next 2 weeks go. (and of course a day pass from swmbo).
    See you on the Dark Side......

More important to get the undercarriage back in working order before it becomes completely Cat 5!!
    Speedy recovery!

Similar Missions

1. Maryland Call for pilots: Harford county
    By gr3yh47 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 16:50
  2. National Hi From A Lost County
    By guthroth in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 06:43
  3. Ohio: Ready for Duty - Greene County, Ohio
    By Smitch in forum US Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 19:07
  4. new member in lincolnshire
    By hawkhurst in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 12:42
  5. The Bomber Will Always Get Through...
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 03:38