Ares Games

Thread: Warbirds Over THe Beach 2017 May 19-21

Lightbulb Warbirds Over THe Beach 2017 May 19-21

The Military Aviation Museum will host it`s WW2 airshow, May 19 , 20 and 21. WW2 aircraft and WW2 reenactors make this a great event. Hopefully the RAF control tower will be done. We will be gaming again this year also.

Rich

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/wotb/index.html

Have a good one Rich.
    Wish I could be over there with you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rich runs the games and I just take pictures of the planes. Drop in on him off and on to see what is happening but mostly outside with the planes.

Rob

I wish you could make it and see the Mossy in the air!

Rich

Bob

Think nice cool sunshine for that weekend!

Rich

A quick update. The current list of visiting aircraft is P-51, SBD, B-26, P-63 and a PT-19.

Rich

Thumbs up Day one setup.

A couple shots from the setup and test flights.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00309.jpg   P5180016.jpg   P5180032.jpg   P5180019.jpg   P5180026.jpg  

P5190037.jpg  

That brings back a few memories Rich.
    It don't seem like two years since we were over there.
    Thanks for posting.

Thumbs up

Rob

It seems like yesterday! Your friend may be scratched from the race! They had the cowlings off the right engine of Mossy after a test flight. The Hurricane had a a problem with a leak. The TBM needs a new engine only discovered at the last minute. On the WW1 side the all red triplane is a new arrival a Sopwith triplane will soon join it!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sopwith triplane.jpg   P5180030.jpg   P5180028.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    A couple shots from the setup and test flights.

OK -- I have no idea what the second-to-last pic is showing, but I'm pretty sure it ain't a production job....

The wind was not our friend today. The day started sunny and muggy. A cold front came dried the air and brought in overcast. By show tome all the flags were straight out and across the runway. The show was canceled due to high winds. Tomorrow should be much better! The wind was so bad i could not keep the planes and cards on the table!!!

Rich

Chris

It is drawling board plane, a one way ride. It was built by a man and his son in Germany. I will look up the designation for it.

Rich

Good Luck for a better day tomorrow Richard.
    The weather is one thing that really affects Air Shows especially WW1 birds.

Nice pictures, Rich.

Thank you.

Had a look on the web link and have to say that I would really enjoy such a Show in Virgina.

Especially Wildcat, Avenger and Corsair would be an eye candy. Sorry to hear that the TMB did not flight.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Yes yesterday started out very nice and as Rich said cold front and wind. The P-51 and B-25 were up in the morning giving rides. In the afternoon they just did a "drive by" by a few planes. The one's I wished I could have seen in the air were the Me-109/Fw 190/Kate/Val and the P-63. Did get to see the P-63 do the drive by though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4727.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	223626

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4729.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	223627

But there is the Reading Show coming up in two weeks.

Thumbs up

Barry

Oh how very true! Everyone was invited back Sunday so that worked out if you could come back.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00359.jpg   DSC00335.jpg   DSC00354.jpg  

Thumbs up

Bob

Sunday was cooler and overcast. They did fly, you would have been disappointed Sunday. Everything flew but the 109, 190 and 262. They taxied the 109 and that was it. The 262 pilot was walking around and that told everyone it would not be flying in! I did get the game setup Sunday without it blowing off the table. I soloed it and nearly played it out. I had a lot of lookers and showed several visitors the game mechanics.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00337.jpg   DSC00343.jpg   DSC00329.jpg   DSC00392.jpg  

Thumbs up

Sven

Ten years ago before the museum was built, there was nothing like it. The museum has brought a lot of enjoyment to War Bird community. There was a Japanese film crew there all three days. The visitors came from far and near, all over the states and group from Great Britain stopped and looked at the game. In October there will be a WW1 air show!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00217.jpg   DSC00219.jpg   DSC00216.jpg  

Thanks for these extra pictures very much Richard.
    I am only sorry that the weekend did not go better for you and the other visitors.
    Rob.

The last two years there were no flights but it is great to get up close to the planes. I have seen the Kate and Val at the Reading show but never there together. Just to see the P-63 move around was good. There is always next year to look forward to. Going the SS John Brown again this year so may see the Val/Kate and "Zero" fly together.

I have been uploading some of my videos from last weekend to Facebook. Take a look!

Rich

https://www.facebook.com/richard.schwab1

WOW outstanding. Love the P-63 flyby. Sorry we missed that but did get to see them in person and more important got to see you.

Bob

I kept waiting and waiting for 190 and 109 to fly but no luck! I will have to check my flying proms from last year and see if any of that came put.

Rich

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 14:37
  2. Warbirds Over the Beach
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 14:41
  3. Warbirds Over The Beach 2016
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 05:52