Ares Games

Thread: WW2 Current Contents Updated for BoB

Default WW2 Current Contents Updated for BoB

The Current Contents file for WOW/WOG WWII miniatures has been updated to reflect the Battle of Britain boxed set and squadron packshttp://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=910. I hope that everyone thinks the grouping of photos is OK, as it seemed best to keep all the Spitfires and Messerschmitts together on the same pages. As always, please PM me with any edits or post here...and enjoy!

Bob

I'm pretty sure this was Nexus' mistake, but

Wings of War WW II Deluxe Set (2009)-Grumman FM-1 Wildcat Lieutenant (JG) Earl H. Steiger VC-13 USS Core (CVE-13) US Marine Corps--VC (Composite) squadrons were USN, not USMC (I think any Marine equivalent would have been coded 'VMC'), and Lieutenant (jg) is a Navy, not a Marine Corps, rank. Marines did fly off Navy carriers, but it's most likely that VC-13 and Steiger were Navy.

I'll get that changed in the master file and it will be noted in the next printing for sure. I'll just list it as a card error and correct the main listing, so that folks don't think they have the wrong card. Thanks so much for the tight read of this file, as that what makes it a good community resource!

And there is also a file on the contents of WW2 ....
    This is going to be another big read ... again ...
    Alas can't fire more REP to you at the moment ...
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Thank you for updating this list too, Bob.

Nice compilation of the game equipment. I did look up the USS Core (CVE 13) and most action was in a Hunter/Killer group against U-boats. I have to go with Darryl that everything points as being Navy. Has to be a mistake on NEXUS part. The rest of the time she was used to ferry aircraft to England.

Looked at the list a bit closer and great job on the booster decks. It a great reference to have them listed like that. Now I don't have to search each deck to see whats in it.

Downloaded!

Thanks for compiling this, Bob!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Current Contents Updated for Series 9
    By skystalker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 16:17
  2. Update for WGS Current Contents
    By skystalker in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2016, 07:53
  3. Current Contents File Updated
    By skystalker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3