Ares Games

Thread: Full Hangers at last.

Default Full Hangers at last.

Thanks to Keith as of 7.30 this morning my WW2 hangers are full of the new aircraft. I can now put on BoB sorties without drafting in aircraft from Malta.
    All I need now are some flying pencils.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congrats Rob. Hoping mine will arrive today - any minute now as it happens - 'cos a delivery firm tried yesterday and the day before to deliver something. Could be from Keith, could be from Shapeways! Exciting huh

Yep, I guess I need to make some headway with WGS soon.

2ndlife

Great news they have started to arrive on our shores, fingers crossed my delivery from Keith arrives tomorrow then, as Chain Home tracking shows it as having left London yesterday morning.

Crap..Didn't tell Karen to expect parcel.
    See you on the Dark Side......

An email message this afternoon told me to expect my parcel between 17:30 and 18:30 this evening

I'm still waiting...................................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

My parcel is being held for payment of charges, according to the tracking link that Keith supplied. I have heard nothing from Parcel Force yet.

According to the tracking site, the USPS is still waiting for my parcel. That was dated the 24th.......
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

2ndlife

My Parcel too is showing 'Held in customs' after following the tracking link that Keith sent, in Coventry.
    I wonder when someone from the UK postal service will contact us about the parcels.

well mine arrived in the UK on the 3rd of April and since then..............................................
    still waiting

Lest we forget

HM Customs and Excuse, or Parcel Farce then John.
    Rob.

Mine arrived in the UK on April 4th.

Yesterday I received a letter from ParcelFARCE, requesting Ł29 and change for Import VAT charges.
    The letter carried the usual 17 digit Reference Number, on the top right.

Going online, I found ParcelFARCE's instructions for interweb payment:- enter the 17 digit number found of the top LEFT of the letter! Pay before midnight for next day delivery (Friday).

Entering the number, I triggered the message "Parcel not found - check your Reference number and try again"
    I did.
    Several times.
    I tried following the parcel with the Tracking Number - "Parcel is in North West London Depot" = the numpties who sent me the wrong Reference number!

Tried to phone direct - "Our office is now closed" So much for 24 hour contact phone number!

Had to wait 'til today to phone up (have now lost any chance of delivery before the weekend).
    Phoned up - provided Reference number - "Oh, you've made a mistake - can you please check it and tell me again?" "NO, THE MISTAKE IS YOURS!!!!!"

Finally, they admitted holding the parcel.

They said I could pay today - they would call me back "in a few seconds" on a 'secure line'.

16 Fricking minutes later!!!!!!! they finally called back, and I paid the fee. "When did I want it delivered? I could have it on Saturday if I paid another Ł12"
    I could have exploded.

I asked why I should pay another Ł12 to further subsidise their incompetence?
    <<No reply>>

I asked for Monday (I'll be out at work, but they can leave it with my "safeplace" neighbour). I expressed my annoyance at having to wait another three days owing to their error.
    <<feeble apology>>.

I asked how it was possible that the official letter could be sent out with an incorrect Reference number?
    <<"oh, it happens all the time".>>

I pointed out that the Website instructions for locating the Reference number were incorrect.
    <<oh, really, that's not very good (laughter)>>

I hold out very little hope that I will see my new planes on Monday.

Incompetence rules P.F. Tim.
    Somebody should be taken out and given a good ....... rollicking.
    However, your eloquence was so vivid that when I got to "NO, THE MISTAKE IS YOURS!!!!!" I could actually hear your voice in my head just as you would have said it.
    I only hope that your aircraft turn up on Monday.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Incompetence rules P.F. Tim.
    Somebody should be taken out and given a good ....... rollicking.
    However, your eloquence was so vivid that when I got to "NO, THE MISTAKE IS YOURS!!!!!" I could actually hear your voice in my head just as you would have said it.
    I only hope that your aircraft turn up on Monday.
    Rob.
    Hmmm...

I have often expressed my desire to be able to hold a job where errors are not punished, and appear to be rewarded. Like Meteorologists, who can still get paid while being wrong about 50% of the time.

I beleive I can now add PF employees to that list.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Mine arrived in the UK on April 4th.

Yesterday I received a letter from ParcelFARCE, requesting Ł29 and change for Import VAT charges.
    The letter carried the usual 17 digit Reference Number, on the top right.

Going online, I found ParcelFARCE's instructions for interweb payment:- enter the 17 digit number found of the top LEFT of the letter! Pay before midnight for next day delivery (Friday).

Entering the number, I triggered the message "Parcel not found - check your Reference number and try again"
    I did.
    Several times.
    I tried following the parcel with the Tracking Number - "Parcel is in North West London Depot" = the numpties who sent me the wrong Reference number!

Tried to phone direct - "Our office is now closed" So much for 24 hour contact phone number!

Had to wait 'til today to phone up (have now lost any chance of delivery before the weekend).
    Phoned up - provided Reference number - "Oh, you've made a mistake - can you please check it and tell me again?" "NO, THE MISTAKE IS YOURS!!!!!"

Finally, they admitted holding the parcel.

They said I could pay today - they would call me back "in a few seconds" on a 'secure line'.

16 Fricking minutes later!!!!!!! they finally called back, and I paid the fee. "When did I want it delivered? I could have it on Saturday if I paid another Ł12"
    I could have exploded.

I asked why I should pay another Ł12 to further subsidise their incompetence?
    <<No reply>>

I asked for Monday (I'll be out at work, but they can leave it with my "safeplace" neighbour). I expressed my annoyance at having to wait another three days owing to their error.
    <<feeble apology>>.

I asked how it was possible that the official letter could be sent out with an incorrect Reference number?
    <<"oh, it happens all the time".>>

I pointed out that the Website instructions for locating the Reference number were incorrect.
    <<oh, really, that's not very good (laughter)>>

I hold out very little hope that I will see my new planes on Monday.
    At least the b******s owned up to having your parcel. Royal Fail managed to "lose" one of my WGF parcels between Customs and their Basildon office, then told me I would have to chase it through USPS......

My BoB parcel is also now being held by Customs, so fingers crossed nobody in RM is looking for a present for a relative.

Over the years, I have had nearly a grand's worth of stuff nicked at PF international depots. Here's hoping they don't go for this lot

Lest we forget

Finally got them!

Delivered to a neighbour, who had the audacity to be out this evening!!

I'll get a closer look at them this weekend.

Thanks, Herr Oberst!

Still being held by Customs.....

Mine got through all the official custom checks but fell fowl of SWMBO Customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Mine got through all the official custom checks but fell fowl of SWMBO Customs.
    Which is the lesser of two evils?

You only get hit once by customs......many times by SWMBO!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Finally got them!

Delivered to a neighbour, who had the audacity to be out this evening!!

I'll get a closer look at them this weekend.

Thanks, Herr Oberst!
    At least they are in safe hands at last Tim.
    Rob.

True dat!

Well, after grumbling about Parcel Force it seems I owe them an apology!
    After much chunterring and an email to PF requesting information, I went to my local post office who promptly produced my box of goodies, telling me it is marked "slip left 4th April, too big for letter box"
    One would like to have a discussion about missing delivery slips with family members but the size of the box indicates discretion to be the better part of not sleeping on the sofa over Easter.
    All's well that ends well.
    Now, where is my desert camo paint.....

Lest we forget

Hooray! Got my ransom note from ParcelFarce, paid the ransom and delivery due on Tuesday, which only leaves them 4 and a bit days to lose the bloody thing. I'm sure they will live up to the challenge.......

My sympathies to all of you who have to deal with PF. I used to use them or Royal Fail to deliver hatching eggs all over the UK. I was told by a seasoned campaigner before I started to wrap a test parcel and then drop kick it across the room, because that's what PF staff do. In fact anything with Fragile tape on it is fair game apparently. If it survived intact then it was okay to go. I used APC for delivering cases of eggs instead as they were too large for PF. That went well until they drove over 4 cases with the forklift.

You can always paradox the PF staff by putting "Please steal or destroy" on the package

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. Looking for RAF hangers and control tower files
    By tikkifriend in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 23:34
  2. Old Zeppelin Hangers never die . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 14:43
  3. WGF Hangers of Glory?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 06:10
  4. Zepplin hangers? 1/285 scale though...
    By Rat of Vengence in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 04:02
  5. F Toys Hangers
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 11:48